Sunday, May 29, 2011

Weekly Report from Oslo May 29 – something special did happen.

What a week.
Monday morning started with a Golf Ball seize and shape swelling under my left elbow. From zero to really swollen in 2 hours. Then my lower left arm felt “sleepy”, so I called my Doctor.
- You must come at once.

I did
And it was bacterial, which might be very serious. 12 ml of inflamation was taken out, and I was given antibiothica and was told: If it would grew up again, you must call me, the doctor said.

Student elbow 1 Student Elbowe 2
Well, on Saturday, (My Doctors Office is closed during the Weekend) just before leaving for Anna’s youngest Brothers 60 year celeb Family Dinner, the swelling was back. Wow, it’s 4PM and we should meet my “best-man” before the Celebration Dinner  at 6:30 PM. 105 km away (67 miles). (Photos above taken Sunday evening)

So instead of driving straight ahead, we went to the emergency hostpital in Oslo.
Luckely, the antibiotica (3 times a Day) had worked, so all dangerous bacterias were gone. What a relief. Just a “normal” Student Elbowe, the Doctor said. In my Age. I felt flattered;-)
We left the Emergency Hospital at 5:45 PM.

Monday I’ll back to my Doctor for a new Check…

Here follows the good part of our weekend.
Visiting Anna’s Brother – a short 75 minutes drive East from Oslo, close to the Swedish border.
Special occassion: He had Family dinner for his 3x20 Years;.)
2011-05-28 House
Villa – a part of it
2011-05-28 Garden with Sculpture 
And Garden – just a glimpse
2011-05-28 Jubilant og frue 
Well, here I reveal Anna’s youngest brother and his wife.
Dessert time and around 11:30 PM. Still visible outside.
2011-05-28 Dessert 
Here you see the two Brothers of Anna. Having homemade Ice Parfait.
2011-05-29 S A and G 2011-05-29 A and G
Sunday early afternoon we did visit my Best Man and his Wife. They live only a 2 minutes drive from Anna’s youngest Brother. What was supposed to be maximum one hour  visit – well, our Cats had to wait for some hours more for our return (but they were served enough food on Saturday).
Wonderful “girls” – right? In their 3x20 twenties +.
We have had lots of great moments together – from our kids were small kids, both in Norway and other Countries – Vacations together etc..
2011-05-29 Glåmdalen 
How does it looks like in this part of Norway? South East.
2011-05-29 Highway 2 Norway 
Well, here is some more photos from the Road back to Oslo.
2011-05-29 RV 2 
When returning back home, we had Sunshine and very heavy Rain Showers during our trip. Temperatures from 9-17 C (48 – 64 F) depending on Rainfalls. Photo taken by me, when driving.
2011-05-29 Mystery Plant 
Back home in our Winter appartement, In our Balconny, we have discovered a strange plant. The Green one. Growing very fast, and seems to  be in full blossom very soon.
We have not planted it, nor have we seen anyone the like in our Neighbourhood.
2011-05-29 Veranda Flat stilk 1
See how strange it is? Click too see  it properly.  Do you know the name of this Flower?
2011-05-29 Chives 
The Chives do Flower; and we know what they are;-)
2011-05-29 Violas 
Here are our Violas. They have grown since last week.
DSC_0678 
Wish you all a prosperous week to come. So says Leander and Grandpa;-)

PS. I still struggle with the service from my ISP. Nobody seems to find out why...

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Maribeth said...

I hope your elbow is better. Oh, I could just feel the pain. 8 years ago I had surgery that cause swelling much like that.
I love the picture of Leander! He is getting so big, and even more handsome!!!

May 29, 2011 11:45 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

OUCH! That hurts...just the sight of it, Tor. So glad you were able to get it taken care of but what a pain! You still got to see the family and do what you wanted, which is what's important. Good for you. And I agree...that little Leander is becoming such a handsome little boy!!!

May 30, 2011 11:12 am  
Anonymous Lifecruiser Travel Blog said...

I hope the elbow-golfball has not come back any more...!

Very nice weekend you had I must say - birthday party and all :-P

I have no idea what the plants name is, looks like some kind of weed anyway in my eyes...

Leander is such a charming boy :-)

May 30, 2011 6:50 pm  
Blogger Vagabonde said...

Your elbow did look painful. Looking at your pictures I can feel the nice cool weather – we are supposed to get to 96 F (36 C) by Wednesday here – I hope it won’t be as warm for you when you go to Chicago and I also hope you won’t have the trouble we had in Chicago last month – we missed our connecting plane to Paris and they lost our luggage! Your little grandson is a darling.

May 31, 2011 4:20 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

i hope your elbow is much better Tor.

wonderful flowers you have in your garden :)

May 31, 2011 8:10 pm  
Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

Oh dear I hope you are feeling better and the elbow is back to normal

- on another note those flowere pics are lovely

June 01, 2011 9:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounded like a very cozy and nice weekend! Fun to see pictures! Please take care of your elbow! hugs Ingelin

June 01, 2011 9:32 am  
Anonymous DAKOTA said...

These photos remind me a little bit of New Zealand. Love the road shot especially.

June 01, 2011 4:48 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I saw this post too late! Wow you have done lots and I hope you have healed now!

So yes we moved into our big "villa" hehe.. Ok not that big..

I love the photos of the villa, night dessert and you driving back home. Blue skies and lots of green! Love it!

June 01, 2011 6:08 pm  
Anonymous claudie said...

I hope you will be totally ok with your arm! Sounds you had a such good time by Anna's family! Pierre had a chirurgical intervention a week ago for a kyste in his back ! He should come back at work on sunday! Marvelous pictures!

June 02, 2011 9:10 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home