Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekly News from Oslo – May 15 - 2011

Another week is History.
Life is normal. Work and work.
At Home and at work, so to say. Don’t forget to include what you do at home and for your home when referring to Work;-)
2011-05-14 Greenhouse Lions dent 
It is spring and lot’s of Yellow Lions outside;-)

Well, the most Dramatic here was that the Majority in our Condos (300 appartements and small rowhouses) voted for a new TV- Cable vendor and as well Internet and phone provider. I must say: Can only be better.  At last;-)
2011-05-13 Dinner 0 
We had a wonderful light Dinner on Friday. Prepared by Anna.
2011-05-14 Summerhouse 
Saturday we had to go to our Summer House. Flowers needed before the Norwegian National Day on May 17.
2011-05-14  Anna ponders 2011-05-14  Red flowers
2011-05-14 Greenhouse Red 2011-05-14 Greenhouse - Roses
Here Photos from the Green House we prefere due to the Quality and Prices. Click to see the Beauty.
2011-05-14 Greenhouse Friends 
And we met of course, by intuition, my childhood friend and his woman there. My friend was of course occupied with the Flowers while the Women were talking;-)
2011-05-14  Greenhouse at the Counter 
My regular readers may remember papa is crazy about flowers and the only limit is how many flowers to carry along in his Car.
Here Anna with the Saturdays choice (we have to be aware there might still be frost at Nights here at 60 degrees North) Price: Around $150 (NOK 840.-). In an ordinary Flower Shop the price would have neen trippled.

Here from the Summer House:
 2011-05-14 Grapes from last Year
Grapes from last year.
2011-05-15 Stemors 2011-05-14 Red-White and Blue
While I went for Water, Anna did plant some of the Flowers.  To the right even in our national colours: Red, White and Blue.
2011-05-14 Syrin Lilacs
2011-05-14 Apple Blossom 2011-05-14 Cherry Blossom
Some natural Flowers as well in our Summer Garden. Lilacs, Apple and Prunes.
2011-05-14 Mr Gray or Fidel 1 
While there, Saturday afternoon, we got a visitor. I think he really misses Rosa and Felicia. They will soon meet again.
Anna preparing a Dinner 
Saturday Anna prepared something very special. I think I’ll make a separate post so you can follow her work.
2011-05-15 Rainy Day 
Sunday we planned to go back to the Summer House to arrange rest of the Flowers we bought on Saturday. But, for the first time in weeks: Rain. Even our Cats were reluctant to walk outside.

Have a great week to come.

Tuesday, May 17:  Norways National Day.  Hooray.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Maribeth said...

I wonder what Anna was making? I still keep all my plants in our green house as we could have a frost until the end of May. After that it is unlikely. I will plant my peas and beans this week if it stops raining!

May 16, 2011 1:02 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

work... work... work.... uff. i does not stop! I am not even finished with spring cleaning and i haven't planted anything yet :(

May 16, 2011 9:20 am  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Oh yes! It's your National Day tomorrow. How could I forget. I remember that Renny wanted us to plan our trip for then, not in early April. You have your flowers that are so important to you, yes. And Anna is doing her thing in the kitchen. I do love picturing you both doing what you love. The next time we'll see your summer home so that we can picture that, too. :)

May 16, 2011 1:36 pm  
Blogger Sandee said...

The flowers are beautiful. You'll soon have beauty everywhere at your summer home. I can't wait to see what you do.

We have been making plans for your visit in July. Our entire yacht club can't wait to meet you. Surprises in store.

Have a terrific day. Big hug to you both. :)

May 16, 2011 7:11 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy National Day to you! Oh I love the flowers in the rain. I remember living in North Van liking that. But alas sunshine is always good for one's sanity too!

Glad your internet is better now that you have switched! I'm in love with the photos. My friend is trying to get me out and yes I must learn to juggle Cammie in one arm and camera in other because I LOVE it!

Oh you make me jealous with how warm it looks there! I hope this week the weather turns to warmer!

May 17, 2011 9:49 pm  
Anonymous Lifecruiser Travel Blog said...

Lovely photos Tor. Well, who can get enough of flowers? Such beauties to enjoy, so relaxing to watch. I so know how easy it is to buy almost too many! It was totally dangerous where I lived before - neighbor with a plant school!!!! *giggles*

May 20, 2011 3:29 pm  
Blogger Lifecruiser said...

Oh, and congrats to the decision of a new internet service provider!!!!!

May 20, 2011 3:30 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home