Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Another Short report from Oslo, Norway – February-March 2011

March 2, 2011

The cold has lost it’s grip over Oslo. It means it’s just above freezing point downtown and some degrees under freezing point in the Hills, where just now the World Championships in Nordic Ski takes places.
Result: Fog from about 250-550 meters (750-1650 feet) about Sea Level.
just where the Competions takes places.

This Day Sweden, France and Canada won the Gold Medals. It was in fact the first  ever for Canada. Congrats.
I was downtown with my Camera to take Photos.
OSL March 2011 - Woman in White 
Women in White - a Group
This were the only two before my Camera Battery went flat. Grrrr.
I might have told you I do have a temporary, slow Internet connection? And we also need to change TV-cable vendor?
Monday Feb 28 Sunset 0
Monday, Feb 28, I went to pick up the new equipment needed for the new connections. I took some Photos on my way to pick up the new “boxes”. As you can see, it was in the Afternoon.
Chopper 
But, I was disturbed by a “chopper”.
Empty Playground - Snow you know 
So, I looked at the Playground. Who plays basket outdoor these Days?
Playground - No Kids 
Not even the Small Kids have not played here for a while.
I suspect they are out Skiing or up in the Hills following the World Championships;-)
Chopper 2 Why is the Chopper still following me? Google? Who knows?

The change will take place on Monday March 7. I hope I can cope with all the Cables supported and mix boxes etc the correct way. I’m afraid I need a Day off from work;-) 
Marta og Monsen 
By the way, we had a short visit to our friends, who now has Felicia’s kitten. Marta and Monsen. They are really great. And seemed to recognize the both of us. They live in a very good home.
Thinking about travel 
We are planning our Summer Vacation…. Where will we land and who will visit?

More to come….

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Shionge said...

Nice photo Tor, please come to visit me :D

March 03, 2011 8:23 am  
Blogger Maribeth said...

Oh I love the first pictures of the lit up dresses!

March 03, 2011 5:05 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely set of photos!!! Oh yes lots more to come.. And it sounds like maybe the weather is getting a little warmer. Hope your internet connection and our little bundle end up arriving soon! :)

March 03, 2011 10:48 pm  
Blogger Ola said...

It looks like a middle of winter and spring is coming! At least I hope so:)

March 04, 2011 1:06 pm  
Anonymous Lifecruiser Travel Blog said...

Very creative those ladies. What a pity your batteries died.

The kittens seem to have a really great home, awesome.

Since we know a bit about your summer plans, I'll say that it will be awesome that too! Yay!

March 04, 2011 11:11 pm  
Blogger Rimkogeren said...

Tak for din poetiske og tankevækkende hilsen :-)

March 05, 2011 9:06 am  
Blogger Rimkogeren said...

Tak for din poetiske og tankevækkende hilsen :-)

March 05, 2011 9:06 am  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Today is Monday...hopefully a day of magic for you and all the internet cables. I'll be crossing my fingers for you. In the meantime, congratulations on all your Nordic wins! YAY.

March 07, 2011 1:41 pm  
Blogger La.. said...

Beutifull pictures about ladies !
And always its fantastic to see photos about my lovely Oslo.

A big hug Tor !

Maria

March 10, 2011 9:48 am  
Anonymous claudie said...

The ladies in the snow are beautful!
Nice to learn about the new life of Felicia' kitties!
We have a nice project too for this summer!!! Finland were some friends of Anaïs offer their second home in the wood for two weeks in order we can have time with our daughter!!!
:) and I suppose there is a sauna at this place!!!

March 15, 2011 9:04 pm  
Blogger Vagabonde said...

I hope that by now you are seeing a little bit of spring. I wanted to tell you that over a year ago I met Naomi of Old Lady of the Hills’ blog on your blog. I visited her blog and kept reading it. When I was in Los Angeles about 3 weeks ago she invited me to come and see her. We had a great visit. Without you though I would have never known her.

March 17, 2011 8:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know where you will land and who you will visit - - - ME and the rest of the crew in St Paul Minnesota.. Can't wait till July!
Joan

March 18, 2011 1:07 am  
Anonymous Return to Norway said...

Wow - love the ones with the ladies in the snow! My boys are going to spend the summer holidays in South Africa - I'm very envious. English rose and I will be here in Norway because Farmor is coming to visit for the holidays. Can't wait to hear where you are going...

March 24, 2011 2:16 pm  
Blogger Louis la Vache said...

hee hee....
The cats seem to be happy at their feast.

«Louis» thanks you for visiting San Francisco Bay Daily Photo.

March 26, 2011 5:45 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home