Friday, January 28, 2011

Skywatch Jan 28 - 2011

Hello my dear reader, you will find my
Skywatch (Himmelsk) here.


First we have to take a "Teleferique" - to have a Skywatch

WARNING
Google and Blogger  do not allow me to use photos from my other blogger-account. They do say the url is incorrect, Even they are real URL's. In addition Google claims their Picasa photosharing service is free of Charge.
In Norwegian:
(Disse bildene er også tilgjengelige for å vise og dele i Picasa Nettalbum, den gratis bildedelingstjenesten fra Google.)
This not true, because you have to pay after storing 1 GB+ with Photos.
And I've as well observed that the same photo (in fact many) have been stored several times in the Picasa Netalbum.


I'm just a "little man", a single user, so I do not think Google will change their customer attitudes or marketing information. I accept services costs money, but I will like to know up-front in matter to plan ahead. And when Google buys new companies, Terms and Condtions changes. The phrase "Free" has got a new meaning.


At least I've warned several companies NOT to use Google's "free services". After all they are NOT FREE. The Bills are coming besides all the trackings and Spam.


So what do I do to post Photos on my Blogs?
For the present I use Windows Live Writer. For Free.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous claudie said...

Un petit tour au Mont Faron?!!!
Vivement le retour des saisons plus chaudes pour aller ballader sur les sommets!!!!

January 28, 2011 6:42 pm  
Blogger Sandee said...

Pretty soon there won't be much of anything that is free on the Internet. That's what I think.

Have a terrific day. Big hug to you both. :)

January 28, 2011 6:48 pm  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

You've hit the nail on the head, Tor. Free! Huh, the word no longer means what it used to...

January 28, 2011 10:52 pm  
Blogger Torsdag 1952 said...

Hallo,

good to think about that facts.

Men tyveri er overalt !!!

Love your blog english an norwegian.

Ha en god helg.
Hartmut fra Tysland

January 29, 2011 10:37 am  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I don't know why you should have so much trouble posting pictures..As to "paying" for Picassa...Well, I must admit, I am HAPPY to pay for the service they provide---considering I have 140,000 PLUS, pictures!!!

But, that's me.

I hope you can find a way to be happy with whatever it might cost---(Personally, I don't think it is an outrageous amount--), because it would be a shame if this kept you from Blogging and Posting the wonderful pictures you share with us, my dear Tor...!

January 30, 2011 3:20 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

For all the pictures I have on Picasa, I would think I'd be paying by now but so far I've never received a bill. So I must say I'm puzzled by your situation, Tor. We'll have to talk about it when we see you soon!

January 31, 2011 1:14 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home