Saturday, December 25, 2010

X-Mas 2010 – some brief words and Photos

It’s a tradition here in Norwway to lit candles on the Graveyard of your lost beloved ones.
Graveyard - Seb and Niklas preparing 1 
This Friday, December 24-2010, I went with my son Niklas and his son Sebastian to lit the light on the grave – my son Ruben, his grandpa, my father and his parents.
Graveyard - Stone - 2010 
Sebastian, 9 1/2 year old calculated my grandparents ages, and how old my grandmother was when my father was born.
At the Graveyard - Seb and Niklas in Grief 
His questions about their ages and what they did  for a living (my grandparents), helped both my Son and me regarding the loss of Ruben.
At the Graceyard - Seb and Niklas leaving 
Kids are clever. Here Sebastian (my grandson) and Niklas (my son) is leaving the Graveyard.
We are family. Sebastian miss his Uncle. Ruben.
But he know: We are Famliy.

More to come…..

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Sandee said...

A wonderful tradition it is too. Sebastian will do the same when he's his dads age and beyond.

I'm still so very sorry about Ruben. I know this wound will never heal for you.

Try to have a terrific Christmas. Big hug to you both. :)

December 25, 2010 12:18 am  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

One can see how cold it is there....And all that snow, too.

I know it must be a terribly painful reminder of your deep loss, especially at this time of year, when you miss Ruben so very much, all of the time---Then, to go light the Candle, (A very sweet tradition, I think)...I certainly can understand why it would be so very very difficult. It was GOOD that your Grandson was there with you, my dear Tor.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, MY DEAR....May the Joy if the Season, ease some of your pain, a little bit,

December 25, 2010 12:47 am  
Anonymous claudie said...

Your tradition with the candles at graves is very nice.You have a such marvelous family Tor! So much love... Your grand son can speak with you and his father about Ruben and about the family. Those moments are precious and so important.

December 25, 2010 1:36 am  
Blogger Maribeth said...

I recently was at Katie's grave. I found no peace that day. I cried fresh tears. Some days are better than others. Even now.

December 25, 2010 10:34 am  
Anonymous Lifecruiser Travel Blog said...

Yep, kids definitely are clever. And it's very important to tell the family's history- over and over again, until it's remembered without questions.

I could never ask my father those questions, because he refused to talk about his family. Too much pain. They were separated during war time & never met each other again.

A very sad faith of the whole family split up in different countries.

December 25, 2010 1:51 pm  
Blogger Shionge said...

Thanks for sharing this tradition Tor....blessed you and your family.

December 27, 2010 1:55 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

These are the holy moments that will be etched in the memories of everyone, Tor, year after year. Thanks for sharing them with us.

December 28, 2010 11:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't met your son Ruben, mas I could learn about his death in Oslo, after the sunset party in the last day of Oslo Blog Gathering.
So, I think you're a wonderfull person with deep feelings and I hope you may deal with the loss pain and teach your grand son to face it as sweet memory.
I hope his soul rest in peace.
A large hug to you and Anna.

January 08, 2011 12:54 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home