Tuesday, November 30, 2010

In the Winter We dream about our visit to Provence in October 2010 – Toulon etc

It’s extrodinary cold to be in November here in Oslo, Norway.
About –12 to – 14 C or around 10 F.
Bright Blue Sky – Sunny.
But it’s dark when we leave for work and it’s dark when we returns to home.
 
All Photos are clickable
, so you can dispose your own time…
IMG_3308 
Hence, it’s a pleasure to present and think about our visit to the dearest couple Claudie and Pierre first week of October this year.
Here  they are on a Bandol Beach.
Bandol - Anna in Water 
And Anna? In the Sea you see..
You know, when we were there, they were both at Work. Exceptions posted earlier. So this is Anna and me in Toulon.  Some Photos. Let’s get started.
Toulon from Mount Farron Toulon Meal
Wednesday we went to Mount Faron, and watched down on Toulon.
I said: Let’s go down there on Friday (I got my hair cut – last time was in Istanbul in July).
Toulon Harbour 3327 
Said and done. Here from the Harbour of Toulon.
Toulon Harbour 3328 Sardinette
I like the name of this tiny Fishing Vessel – The Small Sardine -Sardinette.Toulon Harbour 3329 Local Fisking Vessel 
More local Fishing Boats
Toulon Harbour 3330 Corsica Ferry 
Going to Corsica with your Car? Here is one of the Ferries.

Toulon Harbour 3332 Tribute to Mariners
Tribute to Sailors – Toulon has been a mayor French Naval Port since long time…
Toulon 3334 Theatre 
We went up to the old part of Toulon.
Here you see the Theatre Building.
I got my Hair cut, classical short I ordered. €12.

After a Sightseeing using our own feets, we needed a nice mealToulon 3335 Tomato Salade as dessert 
Pierre worked very late, so we started with a traditional Tomatoe salad, Provence style, prepared by Claudie. So simple and deliciousToulon 3378 Pierres Fisk Soup 
Then Pierre arrived and served Fish Soup.
He should open a Restaurant. Really a great Cook, he is.

Toulon 3376 Back for dinner in Oullioles 
Here you see Master Chief Pierre as well around the Table.
Seafood and testing Crémant de Bourgogne.

Toulon 3315 Good Night we had a wonderful Day 
We had an excellent dinner, and had to take care when climbing up the Stairs.
Toulon 3374 Chers for a happy week 
Cheers to you all for a great Future.

More to come…

PS. We will be in Texas next Week

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

In Texas next week?
There's time for a classical short haircut? He he!
Hugs to you, dear!

November 30, 2010 10:55 pm  
Blogger Sandee said...

How fun, but you've gone and done it now. You've made me hungry again. Like always. You two do know how to have a great time.

I remember going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark. I don't work anymore so now it doesn't bother me anymore.

Have a terrific day. Big hug to you both. :)

December 01, 2010 12:43 am  
Blogger MaR said...

Keep warm, you two! lovely shots of that French connection :)
Have fun in Texas and keep us posted.
Chhers!

December 01, 2010 9:46 am  
Anonymous Lifecruiser Travel Blog said...

Lovely Toulon pictures.... remember it as it were yesterday, the harbor and the theatre building is awesome... makes me longing back of course - not to mention to Claudie & Pierres cooking!

Anna was swimming at the Bandol beach or just dipping her legs? How warm was the water? Or should I say cold? *giggles*

Oh, give me some of that Crémant de Bourgogne!!!! (Has grown to be one of our favorites actually!)

December 01, 2010 12:13 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Your time there is always so filled with seeing wonderful places, eating scrumptious food and sgaring with GREAT GREAT friends....I can see why you want to go back over and over--I know, I would, too!

December 01, 2010 7:27 pm  
Blogger Shionge said...

What a beautiful place Tor, cheers to that and hey I would love to meet Pierre and he can cook me some fish soup huh? Hehehhe...have a great time Tor :D

December 02, 2010 1:17 am  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

It was snowing here this morning ... it didn't last, though.

December 02, 2010 6:16 pm  
Anonymous claudie said...

Sounds it was yesterday!!!
Fabulous time we had together!!!
I learn you fly to the Texas!!!!
I stay tuned!!!
Today it was 12° in the afternoon.
Anaïs and Kalle arrive the 12 th december!!! I think they will be happy because for the moment they speak about -22° in Kajaani!!!
I wish I can drink a crémant de Bourgogne just now writing to you!!!

December 02, 2010 11:45 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Cheers to you, too. PROOST! :)

December 06, 2010 12:03 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home