Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Mother 90 - My Daughter 32 - A Family celebration

Marie Louise - 90 - October 12
I have the honour to celebrate my Mothers 90 BD. And share it with my dear blogger-friends.

Not all people around this Globe will have that opportunity.
Photo taken Saturday Oct 10 - 2009.
All her Uncles on her mother side emigrated in the late 1890ies from Norway to "Promised Land"; it was North Dakota. As far as I know, all her Family has left that state.
------------------
Yesterday, on Saturday Oct 10, we celebrated her. In fact is was a double celebration.
My daughter Ingelin had her BD the day before.
We were only the closest family. Had a dinner, given by my son Niklas in his home.

Here Ingelin is about to decorate the table. As you might observe - there is one more in her body that we have not yet seen;-))



Sebastian really wanted the Tabel too look First Class before his grand grand mother arrived.MidtstillHe had to check it out for himself. Baloons - hehe- guess who made them this seize?

We had real Champagne - of course. From left: Kaya, my Mother, Ingelin and Anna.


Just after the Wellcome refreshment, we went outside to see Niklas 40 BD Gift. A new Bike.
Wow - that's something we did not have in my younger periode of life....

Let me tell you, my Mother and I talked and talked about old times.
We forget for a while the rest of the family sitting around the table
... just us

When I was about to be born, in April 1945, at the Clinic, just before I could see the world:
The Air-raid warning alarm was on the air. (at the end of World War 2)
That was really tough, my mother said.
But, she was the only that stayed calm.
And here I am, blogging with you. Hurray.

Now, you can understand more about who I am, born with an Air-raid warning Alarm ,-))


Sebastian asked his grand grand Mother :
- Are you comfortable? Just tell me, if you need something.

The Table was decorated by Ingelin. She does how do do it.Allmost unseen, but without, the Table would have looked naked.

Sebastian - grand grand child #3 from right. The only one but my Mother with a paper Crown.
(We all ended up with paper crowns. Before we left at around 11 pm.)

Ingelin, have you eaten too much? Kaya is anxious... Papa as well ;-))

And of course Kaya had to give a toast - my brother to the right understood as well, even Turkish.

The Dining Table at the end. LOL

My mother promised to see Ingelins Baby, and she are really looking forward to meet Kaya's parents.
Time for Gifts

What is this?
Seb wonders, my brother seems to think about something else, while my Mother have listened to a good joke. You see?

revealed:
Here is Kaya - giving my Mother 90 roses

My mother told me a secret:
If I had been the age of Ingelin, I would have done my best to capture this beautiful and wonderful young man. He has all the Qualities a woman looks for.
That was what my Mother said said to me.

Here, the Birthday Cake (one of them)

Then we neede a short break and went out on the Balconny. Here you see the South View.

However, we did also celebrate Ingelin's BD.
Firstgift: A book with Cat Cartoons. No words. Then Kaya can write the text in German and Turkish and Ingelin in Norwegian and what so ever other languages;-))

Here, another present -
(Private collection - can only be bought one place within 90 Days a Year)

Private: Z and H, do you hear? My Mother are eager to see you soon.

More to come....

This Weeks ABC-C

Labels: , , , , , ,

27 Comments:

Blogger Maribeth said...

A very happy birthday to your Mama! And also to dear Ingelin! She looks so beautiful as she blossoms with the baby!
Ah, yes. And you my dear friend. The man in the middle of all these wonderful, beautiful women. You are a lucky man!

October 12, 2009 12:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your Mother and Ingelin ,dear Tor! We wished to be with you all and enjoy this wonderful day. But soon we come together hehhehe...
Hugs
Zy

October 12, 2009 12:25 am  
Blogger Quilt Works said...

Happy Birthday to Mom! She looks FANTASTIC, and very happy! You did good :-)


I woud like to invite you to join a free giveaway of one of my original artworks

October 12, 2009 1:47 am  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Wishing your mom an extra special birthday! How amazing to have lived so long!
Wishing Ingelin a Happy B-day too! I didn't realize she was expecting! How exciting! I wonder what she will have and what will it look like?!!!

October 12, 2009 4:10 am  
Blogger Sandee said...

How fun. What a wonderful time had by all.

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Marie Louise,
Happy Birthday to you.

Have a terrific day. Big hug to you and Anna. :)

October 12, 2009 5:15 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

How amazing to have such a great family and to celebrate so much! Great photos and a great report.. Our family is a bit bigger, with one more brother around these days. More than two here with us.. and no no no I'm not talking about little ones.

October 12, 2009 6:31 am  
Blogger Elin said...

Send my regards to your momma!
She is very lucky to get that age!

May God bless her :)

October 12, 2009 11:06 am  
Blogger Shadow said...

happy birthday to your mama and to your daughter!!!

October 12, 2009 12:40 pm  
Anonymous Lifecruiser Travel Blog said...

Happy birthday x millions to both of them! Fantastic, beautiful ladies indeed!

I love that top photo of your mom, the joy it shows. It makes me happy to see her happiness being together with her family once again.

However it also make me sad and gave me tears in my eyes... because she so much reminds me about my own mom... I miss her.

Take care of the time you still have together!

Ingelin looks awesome, I bet she'll be a beautiful, wonderful, mom as well as Kaya will be a great father.

((hugz))

October 12, 2009 2:11 pm  
Blogger Anita said...

Fantastisk!!!!
Det øverste bildet av din mor er bare sååå utrolig bra!!!!
( det kunne jo vært bra C-cognac bilde! =)
Har også familie som reiste til Nord-Dakota! Idag er det 3 og 4 menninger som vi har fått kontakt med!

Takk for kommentar i bloggen min! =)

October 12, 2009 7:41 pm  
Anonymous claudie said...

what a marvelous moment! It was like I was there with you all! excellent report Tor!!!
Your mother is really marvelous!!! What a temperament! And Ingelin is a beautiful future Maman!!!
Happy birthday to Ingelin and to your mother!
Reading the moment you were born I was thinking about Pierre who was just born in Algeria in 1960 during the independance war when all the nurses and doctors were gone because it was too dangerous. Only people who were at hospital, mothers with babies and mothers waiting their babies staid there.
Luckely nothing bad arrived at hospital this night!!!

October 12, 2009 8:49 pm  
Blogger Suzann said...

Many blessings to your beautiful Mother and Ingelin - as you say, you are so fortunate to be able to celebrate such a momentous birthday with you dear mama. Cheers!!

October 13, 2009 2:42 am  
Blogger Ellen Whyte said...

Happy birthday to your mum. Looks like a fun party!

October 13, 2009 4:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a fabulous party :)My grand mother is in such a good shape and good mood for being 90 years! I look like a mix between a water balloon and a hippo on these pics ;)Ingelin

October 13, 2009 4:36 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

My son-in-law's g'ma will turn 100 in January, Tor, so I can imagine what you felt like celebrating this one with your mom. My own mother only lived to 80. 90 is a big milestone. Your mom had to reach IT before reaching 100. :)

October 13, 2009 8:07 pm  
Blogger MaR said...

Happy belated birthday to your mother, she is a wonderful lady!!
and to your daughter, who is another wonderful young lady.
What a great bday celebration you had!!

October 14, 2009 7:28 am  
Blogger Malys krok said...

Gratulerer med dagen til din mor! Hun ser så pen ut der hun sitter! ser ikke ut til å være 90. Takk for kommentaren som jeg oppdaget ved en tilfeldighet. Koselig. .Margit-

October 14, 2009 10:27 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

What a wonderful cheerful fun Celebration! Your Momma...90 years old! Bless Her with The Most Gracious of Blessings, my dear Tor....And your dear daughter, too...
A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Both Of Them.
The table looks beautiful...And 90 Roses....How Fabulous that is! A Beautiful thing to do---all around.
Your Momma looks adorable in her Crown, and so very very Happy!
A BEAUTIFUL Special Celebration, in every way.

October 14, 2009 11:25 pm  
Blogger Tania said...

Så koselig bilder og for en blid mor du har!:-) Særlig første bilde er hun skikkelig flott på!
Ha en flott dag:-)

October 15, 2009 9:07 am  
Blogger mormonsen said...

Takk for hyggelig kommentar på min blogg. Og hvilken fabelaktig C du har prestert. Så heldig du er som har en sånn herlig familie, og som fortsatt har din mor blant dere. En 90-åring med glimt i øyet og et strålende smil. :)

October 15, 2009 7:11 pm  
Anonymous A. @ A Changing Life said...

Many happy returns to your mother! I hope Ingelin's baby will be arriving soon. I think it must be soon because the first time you told us about the baby, I thought - that's the same time as my first grandchild. Sadly, my mother didn't live to see her great-grand-daughter.

October 18, 2009 8:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was such a treat to travel with you by Sancerre and points south.This is a first for me, to see a blog. Yours is done so well as you do with most things.

Wonderful to see mother Marie Louise at 90. Yes, I can identify as I just past my 80th, both Janis and I... married for nearly 57 years, are working well and traveling, mostly in the US.
For possible interest you can see my photos at: www.flickriver.com/photos/finfin1 and family history stuff at:
www.flickr.com/photos/freebern32. Regards to Anna and all.

October 28, 2009 4:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read that post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.

December 30, 2009 1:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read the blog. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything connected to them. BTW, try to add some photos :).

January 23, 2010 6:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not going to be original this time, so all I am going to say that your blog rocks, sad that I don't have suck a writing skills

February 21, 2010 2:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://lumerkoz.edu Perfect work, http://soundcloud.com/prozacz influenced http://www.comicspace.com/maxalt_buy/ bogus sang http://msdnbangladesh.net/members/Buy-Atarax/default.aspx rave urbans http://barborazychova.com/members/Buy-Levaquin.aspx staggering hmso http://riderx.info/members/Buy-Hydrocodone.aspx unregistered

March 10, 2010 3:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All about one and so it is infinite

October 14, 2010 8:22 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home