Sunday, August 23, 2009

Papa was invited to Lunch - in Nohant - join us

My dear readers, let me invite you to a Lunch in Nohant.
Nohant?
In the middle of France.
Yes, in fact we were invited by our good French Friends to the home of George Sand
(You will of course be invited to the home of this very famouse French female writer in a later post).

The Salon de The is a very tiny cafe, except during Summertime, when you can sit outside.
Due to the Sun, we preferred to sit inside.

Anna and papa went there, with the guidance by Claude and Paulette. Less than 1 hour away from Issoudun (I'll post later).
Why?
Because to visit the Home of George Sand.
Our friends are great lovers of litterature. They have several thousands of titles. And we brought some Norwegian Novels translated to French.

Before we did visit the Museum, in fact the intact home of George Sand, we needed some food.
A Lunch.
What to expect in this far away farmland area? Scroll down and see for yourself.


We studied the "Cartes".

Well, this delicate Salad was my preference


Here is dessert #1 (Papas)

Here is dessert #2

Here is dessert #3

See the Man in red? He is simply a master of cooking and creating cakes, tartes, sweeties etc

Coffee - really high quality - made from love and respect to the Customer. And the white you see to the left of each Cup? It's worth the tour alone;-))

Papa went out from a wonderful Lunch, but took a shot of his French Friends.
Canyou believe it: I've known Claude since 1967 and I was also in J P's baptize. I simply took the Night Train from Munich to Paris. I was on a 2 weeks training course in Munich, but had the weekend off. So what better to do than going to my friends in Montmorency, just North of Paris and join the baptize of their first Son?
That's what's friends are for. Right?
In fact, Claude and I have known each others since 1967.
And have had met several times. Both in France and Norway.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Lifecruiser Travel Blog said...

Besides the fact of how those desserts looks like (I'm drooooooling!), that kind of old friendship is precious. Lovely place indeed.

August 23, 2009 8:57 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

WOW! The Desserts look quite fabulous! Also your Salad, too! Would love to see pictures of the other entree's...YUM! It is lovely to have long long friendships, isn't it? I look forward to seeing George Sands House!

August 23, 2009 9:20 pm  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Did you eat all those desserts, Tor? I don't blame you if you did, they look delicious.

What a pretty little cafe and then to go and visit the home of George Sand...wow! Great tour for you.

Can't wait for some more photos...

August 23, 2009 10:48 pm  
Blogger Vagabonde said...

The last book my mother gave me before she passed away was a book on the life of George Sand at Nohant. I really liked the book and would have liked to go there. I grew up in Paris and when I was 9 we also had a house near the Forêt de Montmorency. I used to walk in the forest a lot with my dog. I shall do a post on this in the future, but right now I am only at my mother’s childhood so I have a long way to go in my recollections. Here is my mother’s childhood post: http://avagabonde.blogspot.com/2009/05/mothers-birthday-lanniversaire-de-maman.html

August 24, 2009 2:13 am  
Blogger Shammickite said...

The French really know how to serve a wonderful lunch... and the coffeeeeeee oooh looks lovely! And I love the coffee cups and saucers.
You are so lucky to be able to travel in Europe so freely, the distances are so small when compared to the vast distances here in N America.
Thank you for your comments on my blog, I am so glad you are enjoying the photos of Newfoundland, it is one of my very favourite places to visit. More pictures will be posted soon. I want everyone to know what a grteat place it is!

August 24, 2009 2:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love small cafes. They are usually charming. The food looks great and fabulous. I would love to taste them all!

August 24, 2009 8:13 am  
Blogger MaR said...

Those desserts are out of this world!! Love myrtilles!
Looking forward to see G. Sand's home.
Happy Monday :)

August 24, 2009 9:06 am  
Anonymous expatraveler said...

Wow how much fun! But you, you ate 3 desserts. hehe I tease you.. They all look incredible and I would love to try them all. And the coffee, well that does look like heaven. I'd love one right now! :)

August 25, 2009 6:44 pm  
Blogger Veronita said...

Oh!! El lugar es hermoso y la comida se la ve deliciosa!! Y el Cafe con esa espuma arriba, un verdadero placer!!

August 25, 2009 8:29 pm  
Anonymous RennyBA's Terella said...

Thanks for the invite! What a blast of a feast Tor!

August 26, 2009 3:26 pm  
Anonymous sikiş izle said...

thanks

March 01, 2010 10:22 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home