Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Papa goes on Vacation - report 2 - The Pirat Traveller

Here is the Pirate Tourist in blood and flesh:
We are still in Nancy, the Capital of the former Dukedome of Lorraine.

Papa went crazy to day. He became a Pirate.
Why? Because he went to the Food Market without having a Kitchen on his disposal.

Here are a very few glimpse, hence you know why papa wanted to steal all what he did see.


Oysters from Marennes, western France. Papa has been there several times and bougth several dousins of Oysters directly from the Oyster Farmers
.

Local "Charcuterie", made at local Farms.

Vegetables, all sorts from local producers.

And look at this - oh, Papa went allmost crazy.
This is only 5% of the different cheeses available at this Market in Nancy.

Much more from Nancy, when back home. You can see, we had a wonderful, Sunny day.

Tomorrow we will go to the middle of France to meet old French friends. 6-7 hours drive.

Stay tuned. I'll be back with short reports whenever I can.
And as said before, excuse me for not commenting very much during our Vacation.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Sandee said...

Bring some of that great food here and you can you our kitchen. We'll even help cook. We also have some very nice wines as well. I'm hungry now.

Just enjoy your vacation. You can visit when you return home. Vacation are just for resting and doing what YOU and ANNA want to do.

Have a terrific day. Big hug to you both. :)

July 28, 2009 9:56 pm  
Anonymous RennyBA's Terella said...

No wonder you became a Pirate with all this lovely food available!

See you in a week - so stay in France till we meet you!!! :-)

July 28, 2009 11:53 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh, I can see why you would go crazy, my dear Tor...ALL that Lucious Fresh Food--many things you probably don't see or get in Norway during the winter months---PLUS....It Is French! LOL! Ahhhhhh, Yum, Yum, Yum....You look very content for a Pirate, my dear!

July 29, 2009 12:06 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh dear Tor, food shopping and no kitchen? What is a body to do? I hope you enjoyed your holiday. :-)

July 29, 2009 12:53 am  
Blogger Maribeth said...

I love your eye patch! I will have to remember that when I have my next surgery!!!
The food looks wonderful and you look very relaxed.
Happy vacation!

July 29, 2009 1:09 am  
Anonymous Lifecruiser said...

OMG! Are you trying to KILL ME?????? Now I have to go on a kitchen raid, I'm hungry!!!

Oh boy, what a market.... I'd have to have a towel with me, for all the drooling, for sure!!!!

Such a good time you seem to have, I'm very happy for you.

See ya soon!

July 29, 2009 1:47 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

I thought you must have tangled with Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) from the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies, when I saw the title of your post, Tor. However, when I saw all the photos of the food, I understood instantly. I'd have been the same. It must be awfully frustrating not having somewhere to cook!

July 29, 2009 5:06 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tor - you are too funny! Vacation is for relaxing! But I do love all of the photos and emails! :)

July 29, 2009 5:40 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

Ah ! the markets in the south ! wonderful !
Enjoy your trip, it's warm apparently !

July 29, 2009 8:34 am  
Anonymous DianeCA said...

Looks fabulous! I am really looking forward to some of that good food and great friends in about one week!!

July 29, 2009 11:15 am  
Blogger Rimkogeren said...

Jeg tænker på
om grunden
til klappen
for det ene øje,
er fordi de
kulinariske indtryk
er for meget for øjne to?

July 30, 2009 9:27 am  
Anonymous claudie said...

Food food! I like food from this country! especially the charcuterie!!!
you are a brave pirate!!!

August 01, 2009 11:13 pm  
Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

You look wonderful Tor....and all that incredible food...WOW! No wonder you went a little crazy. It all looks amazing. Enjoy Tor...

August 06, 2009 2:59 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

I know you were in heaven! :)

August 06, 2009 6:17 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home