Sunday, November 02, 2008

Alle helgens dag - Toussaintes - Todo los Santos - All Saints

Here it is (from the All Saints ceremony at the family graveyard):
My Dear Son Ruben: Papa miss you and think about you every Day and moment.
I tell you, we had a great "Womens Day" here yesterday. We all missed you.
And this afternoon with lit 3 lights and Niklas and Maria and Sebastian also came with their light. So it was a light for you, you grandpa, and both his parents - which you never met - but you have seen the Summerhome that was buildt by my grandpa- your papa is still in unbelievable sorrow. He don't care about wath others says about his loss, reactions and grief. There my dear Son, we are so alike. When do we meet again. Papa miss you. Like you missed me. Remember?
You know, we talk a way of our own. Allways did. That was unique. For 38 hours non-stop.
And we met here and there. haha - that was fun most times.

Ingelin and Niklas went to Langøyene ( Norwegian: sent i høst med snekka og tok med seg en stor sten, fra der du og i dine venner hadde "Campen") late this Fall and brought back a Stone from where you and your friends had the Camp.
It's placed on your Grave. The Words engraved are simple but from our Hearts: Vi savner deg - We miss you

Forever I love you my son, Ruben

Pappa, I love you,
you said and jumped upon my hips
remenber?

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Maribeth said...

Yes, it's those magic memories of our children that we hold dear and that keeps us warm at night. How lucky we are to have those. No one can ever take those away from us!
I know your heart is aching. I know the grief is too close right now, but do think how lucky you were to have had Ruben in your life. It will give you strength.
Much love, my dear Viking!

November 03, 2008 1:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again I am sorry to hear about your loss and I know that grief is still there and we are here to support you though not in flesh but in our minds and hearts.

November 03, 2008 12:46 pm  
Blogger lime said...

there are no words. just hugs and prayers for better days.

November 03, 2008 1:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yesterday, we were all at home for the birthday of Mélissa my daughter and we were about 30 members of the family and friends. The sister of Pierre and her husband lost their son in 2004, he was 24 years old. Now we are glad to be all together several times in the year! We need all each other because life isn't always easy. These meetings with the kids and all generations are really nice for everyone. Je te souhaite de trouver le courage et la force pour faire face. Big big hugs.

November 03, 2008 10:44 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh My Dear Dear Tor....I feel for your grief, my dear...I know how much pain you are in and I send you Big Hugs and ALL the best that I have in my heart....! You are so right not to care what people think about what you are going through...If THEY don't understand, my dear...it is very very sad.
Take good care and be kind to yourselves....!

November 04, 2008 1:48 am  
Blogger TorAa said...

@To the all of you: I can tell your comments makes it much easier to combat my Grief. You know, certain Days and Events are heavier than others. I did have a "fall back" Sunday evening and on Monday my head was absolutely empty. Just laid in my bed and looking up on the ceiling. For hours. Passive. No response.
That was scary. What did I think about?
Nothing. Nothing at all. That's even more scary.

But, can you believe it: 15 hours at Work this Tuesday. hmmm. The humain brain can not allways be "as usual". I've learned.

I'm very grateful for your honest words in your comments. You are truely friends.

November 05, 2008 1:11 am  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

I was reading this aloud to Donica and started crying so hard that I couldn't read the text, Tor. You are one very special man. Do not ever change!

November 07, 2008 4:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tor, Ginnie told me about your post, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your so beloved son.
Talking to him is so normal, sharing your grieve to him so natural, I agree with you that you don't care what others say, it is your grieve, grieving about somebody is very personal and every body does it the way it brings comfort.
I talk sometimes to my father, he died 27 years ago, he was my buddy, I still miss him.
I never shared this with any body for they might not understand.
Tor I understand you, your words bring tears to my eyes.
Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

November 07, 2008 9:44 pm  
Blogger Suzann said...

I hold you in my arms, dearest Tor. Weeping with you - holding you tight.

November 09, 2008 5:11 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home