Sunday, October 19, 2008

A special Weekend

You, my dear blogger friends and readers do know I've have been absent for a while.
It's a reason for the most.
In this case, it's not because I suddenly dislike you. On the contrary. I miss you. I really do.


This was our Weekend:
Saturday: Pick up the rest from our Summerhouse. And wash the floors, cover up here and there and bring plantes into Winter Home. Even harvest the late Grapes and Herbs.
Then making food for the cats and to ourself when back to our Winterhome.

Easy made food. Saumon and veggies (from our Summer garden) - even Minnesota Wild Rice from Suzann.

Our houses is to the left. A tiny part of my Cousins to the Right. Our Grand Pa was the architect and builder. Everything is designed and build by ourself.

Sunday: Visting my Mother.
Bringing my son Niklas and his woman, Maria. Niklas was not in the "Neighboorhood", so to speak on his grandmas Birthday last Sunday.
Niklas was at a very exotic place for one week just a week ago. A place - in fact an Volcanic Island in the North Atlantic that you just can't visit. Even though you have a private airplane:
Jan Mayen - a very special place on Earth. To say it discretly.

Back to my Mother.
She is among the youngest at "the home". "Only 89". This afternoon we helped a lady born on Oct 17 - 1908 down the Lift.
So you see, my Mother feels young.


We brought Apples from the Summerhouse Garden and some Sweets. I should have brought more Grapes. I'll do that next week.

Then we - Niklas and Maria and me checked out the Graveyard. Family Grave - it's a serious matter on Wednesday Oct 22: Urn Interment - Ruben.

The latter is the reason I've not been in normal condition for a while. My brain have been occupied somewhere else. Grief? Memories? Selfishness? Practical details? I don't know. Anyway, it's a first time experience. I've never learned how to react or behave in a situation like this.

But, you know I'm an optimistic creature, and will come back again.
As soon as possible.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

oh my friend tor, you are not in any way being selfish. mourning must take it's own time. it cannot be rushed or put on a schedule. we know you are an optimist and we know there will be good days and bad days. we enjoy the good, we uphold you during the bad.

October 20, 2008 12:15 am  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

I'll be thinking of you on that day. It will be an emotional one for sure.
It looks like a beautiful place though.

October 20, 2008 12:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can we ever get used to being without our children? Do not be too hard on yourself, dear friend. Grief is a terrible thing. Yes, in time you will once again laugh and settle into your life. But for now you need to grieve, you need to feel, and also you need to remind yourself it's okay to feel.

October 20, 2008 1:46 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hugs to you, dear Tor. Grief is such a hard thing to understand. Just know you are among friends. :)

October 20, 2008 3:06 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Glad to see you back, Tor. The pain of loss doesn't really pass, but it does become a little easier to bear over time.

Hugs

October 20, 2008 3:59 am  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I see the family resemblance between your Mama & You & your son....!
You take good care, my dear Tor...Grief has it's own timetable, but it will abate in time...For now, just be very kind and gentle with yourself and know that your blog buddies understand...!

October 20, 2008 5:15 am  
Blogger MaR said...

((( sending hugs your way )))

October 20, 2008 9:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We know you are an optimistic man and we know the feelings you have in youself! I am so glad to read you again. Is it possible all these adorable wood houses were built by your family?! How nice! J'aime véritablement la vie norvégienne que tu décris là. Une très belle famille, beaucoup d'amour, un savoir faire qui se transmet de génération en génération et un amour très fort de la nature.

October 22, 2008 5:17 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Bless you, Tor. You are a positive example to us all!

October 25, 2008 11:14 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home