Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wordless Wednesday with some TdF comments etc


I've been a fan of Tour de France since 1967. When I did work in Paris.
This year it's two Norwegians among the 189 that did start. They work for two different Teams.
To win a stage (it's 21) is considered to be a world class sport prestanda.

The two Norwegians have now won a stage each during this years Tour. That's a sensation. Be aware: Le Tour de France is the most challenging Sport Event in the World
.

To day it was Kurt Asle Arvesen that got the Victory. With less than an inch after about 190 km ( 110 miles about) and nearly 5 hours at the Bike. The finnish was - well I got "goose skin".

The other Norwegian is Thor Hushovd. He came in as #13 today and are #3 in the Maillot Verte (most points total) classification.

I do think they are great.


By the way, did you know that the Tour de France is the sport event that do have most spectators?
Around the route: It's millions out there cheering up their heros from countries all around the Globe. It's a fiesta everywhere around the piste and route. From the flat land to the highest roads in Europe.

Even Stompa did have a great dinner to celebrate the Victory. Outside of course.

And here:

Solvi and Anna at the Platform this evening. My first and second Wife. What do you think?

And the Sky and Clouds. This evening. Taken from our Summerhouse Platform this Wednesday Evening. At 60 degrees North. Looks promising for TORsday. Have a great time.

Wordless? OK - Press here

Labels: , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Sandee said...

Your first and second wife? I didn't know. Thank you for your wonderful message by the way. It was beautiful. Have a great day. Big hug. :)

July 17, 2008 1:58 am  
Blogger Shionge said...

Hey Toraa I have always been fascinated by Tour De France and even read a book about Lance Armstrong :)

Congrats to the two Norwegians, truly impressive :D

By the way I received an email from Ingelin and I've asked how long she would be here. I have no idea that she is here already :D Very happy and see if we could catch up :D

Thanks for introducing Solvi & Anna, great to see them together :)

July 17, 2008 2:39 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Yes, Tor, you're right about the Tour de France...it's a real endurance course, all right.

Nice to see your two ladies getting along together. I presume Solvi is your ex-wife and that you don't practice polygamy!!? Lol!

July 17, 2008 3:29 am  
Blogger Lori said...

Sooooooo much to look at today:) I dont watch the tour de france but I had a coworker that followed it religiously. Great shots. Happy WW and thanks for stopping by.

July 17, 2008 3:38 am  
Blogger ChefDruck said...

Amazing sunset. The Tour De France is truly an exciting event - I get tired just watching it!

July 17, 2008 4:14 am  
Blogger Robyn Jones said...

I agree with you that the Tour de France is one of the most challenging sport events in the world. I don't watch it regularily...but I keep track.

Happy WW! Thanks for visiting my blog.....visit again soon...

July 17, 2008 4:51 am  
Blogger Maribeth said...

I think you are a lucky man, Tor. Two very lovely ladies!

July 17, 2008 4:59 am  
Blogger MaR said...

I have cheered Le Tour twice live up in the Alps in a tiny village, it's a great event and I love watching it!!

I figured out your love story and whose cat belongs to whom before you posted this lovely picture of such fine ladies!!

July 17, 2008 7:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Tor - I share your fascination with the Tour de France cyclists -- superb athletes all.

Happy WW.

Bobbie

July 17, 2008 7:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Tour went through a town near us this year, and several years ago it even went through our town. The whole place was spruced up in preparation :)

July 17, 2008 10:17 am  
Blogger Rambling Woods said...

I didn't know anything about the race..thanks to you, now I do..

July 17, 2008 5:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you said Tour de France or Thor (and Kurt) De France ;-)

Great to see Anna and Sølvi again - I so much remember the great weekend we had together.

Looking forward to your visit in Sweden next week!

July 17, 2008 7:20 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home