Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Rosa Raped - nearly - Cats on Tuesday

On Monday Morning, I did call our local Vet.
Rosa did have a huge inflammation, the size of a dried prune. On her right cheek.
Did not eat from Friday evening - so we figured out on last Sunday: Visit our local Vet. I called and luckely they did have time for her Monday.
(I took the time off from Work)
She was very silent when we drove the 18 minutes from our Summerhouse.
Very curvy Road to put it mildly. Rosa in her Cage. Me driving. Some sounds. Miuaw - mienow . Relaxe, We gonna fix your pain. Miiaaw. Puuur.
And she acted very, for not to say stoïcal, and very calm and wise during the treatment. At the Vet. They did only have our old adress. But the history from all our former ones. The Vet was very curious abour Rosa's Tail. Ha ha - she is half Manx, I said. Manx is not the best known breed. Tailess, more or less as they are. And very clever hunters. Yeah yeah.

It was a very hard and tough treament. All the inflammation and blood. So much from a small Cat. Even the Vet was surprised. Both to the amount of inflammation and how Rosa acted. Only once she showed her clowes. And used them. On me. I can understand. But they (the clawes are sharp and strong - the Manx Cats can even kill Foxes due to their long and sharp Claws)
Both the Vet and me had to wash our selfes afterwards. Blood and yellow inflammation. Rosa got her remedies, vaccinations etc. 1 hr plus treatment, vacinations etc. Well, here in Norway: USD 100. Rosa is worth at least such amount for us.
What had happened?
Female cats will never ever accept to be raped (Estrus time). So Rosa had struggled. In her right cheek we did see deep wholes from a male Cat's teeth. Very deep. And from clowes on her back.


She got a very professional treatment.


And after one hour, when we had returned to our Summerhome, she would have her regular dinner (Pollock - warmed fillets).
I had to stay in the upper house (yes , there are two small buildings here at our Summerhome). In a bed too short for me. But what don't you do for your fellow creatures on Planet Earth? To make them safe and sound.


Then she want to stay outside for a while. See her rosa bandage? When she runs out...

Nice for a cat to wear? Not at all. See the Blood? And she did drink lots of Water.


Then she needed a time for herself. Watching the World. From the edge of the roof over our Restroom.

But Felicia - she is pregnant. Stayed in my bed all night. purr purr puur. (We do think she has found her nest)
I love my pussies. They are so nice.

PS. Pictures again taken in a sudden by a camera just at hand.

Labels: , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Shionge said...

Oh gosh I hope she is recovering well by now Toraa, hugs & kisses.

June 18, 2008 2:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my, at first I really thought she had a rosa bandage... Poor one!!!

I'm glad the Vet fixed it. Phew. And that she behaved that well. It's the worst getting to the Vet with pets. Like taking kids to the Doc.

I've been many times, with my dog and horse.... and also to put them to sleep - both of them. Tough, tough, tough.

June 18, 2008 2:11 am  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

You really have a heart of gold, dear Tor. What a push-over!

June 18, 2008 2:17 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

OMG, poor little Rosa !! how awful that she got bitten ! that's the same what happened with Arthur's tail remember ? and will never "wear" it normally again. That she is eating again is a good sign that she feels better !
And Felicia pregnant ?? Bad girl ! I thought she takes the pill ?? lol !

June 18, 2008 5:23 am  
Blogger lime said...

awww poor rosa. i'm glad she'll be ok though.

June 18, 2008 3:39 pm  
Blogger Maribeth said...

Awe, poor, poor, Rosa! The little dear. I hope she is better soon. Splendid news about Felicia!

June 18, 2008 7:33 pm  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Poor little Rosa! I know what she has gone through! My old cat had an infection from a fight too and had to wear an Elizabethan collar,a cone shaped thing he tried constantly to get off for 3 weeks!!! Drove us crazy all the scratching! But he didn't scratch the stitches out. They are worth the money we spend at the vet! I'm glad she's mending.

June 19, 2008 9:35 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Poor Sweet Rosa....! Attacked by an unfeeling male! Bad Bad Bad!
I hope she heals quickly and will be back to her old self, very very soon.

June 20, 2008 1:11 am  
Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Poor Rosa. :( We are sending lots of healing purrs your way, Rosa!

June 20, 2008 12:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do hope Rosa continues to improve. Poor thing, it must have been quite a fight.

June 21, 2008 2:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're such a good kitty pappa!! I am glad she is recovering, and the pink bandage suits her well!

June 22, 2008 12:53 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home