Sunday, June 08, 2008

A Hot Saturday in Oslo - Norway

We have had two weeks now with warm weather here at 60 degrees North - around the Oslofjord.
Air: 30 C plus and Sea: 20-22 C

We could go swimming. Both Anna and Solvi. (Anna in Blue Bikini)



Her I'm propelling in the Big Blue. Ha-ha - still like a kid in the Water.

Then after, preparing a meal at the Summerhouse Platform: (A meal dedicated the Light, Summer and Climate)

Starting with Avocados - with Wolf Fish caviar and Mayonaise in the bottom

Then our main dish. Ready to be served, with olive and grain bread.

But, what are the ingredients?

A cold Salad. Let's go back in time. What's here? Every ingredients but the dressing.

Enlarge to have a clue. OK?

And even before: Crispy lettuce. Hard boiled eggs. Tomatoes. Fresh Garlic.

Some boiled ham (mild) plus boiled potetoes and a Camera and a tiny Chair.

A dressing based on Natural Yughurt and French Dijon Mustard. And some Pine Nuts.


Served----
What could be better during a Warm Summer Evening?


What to drink? Fresh Water or White Wine or the both. We did have both. The White Wine was a crispy Sauvignon Blanc.


A Fantastic evening, sitting on the platform watching over the fjord and all the Boats. It was really crowded out there. But that's another story.

Sunday afternoon it was Sebastian's 7th BD. Like X-Mas for him.
(that's another Story as well)

btw: My regular readers: We are on track to recover from our loss. May be I'll soon visit your wonderful site soon again. Miss you all.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Sandee said...

How fun and the food looks yummy. You know you have my attention when you add water and boats. Beautiful. Big hug to you all. :)

June 09, 2008 11:02 pm  
Blogger Maribeth said...

Oh it's beautiful and the food looks yummy. We also have had hot weather, and tonight we grilled outside so we didn't have to heat up the house.
I've been in the puppy pool with the dogs and made a short video on www.dackelprincess.com
Hugs to you and Anna!

June 10, 2008 1:25 am  
Blogger Shionge said...

Oh what a beautiful day Toraa - very very refreshing :)

I can imagine myself waking up at 3.59 to catch the sunrise and staying late to see the sunset, that's so wonderful :D

June 10, 2008 1:59 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good food and swimming in warm water-- a divine day!

Happy birthday to Seb. :)

June 10, 2008 6:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks lovely! Lucky you! Lander 11 torsdag morgen, flyr med BA via London! Klem Ingelin

June 10, 2008 8:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, that looks like a real summer refreshing!!!

Yummy yummy!

(...and Ingelin is out flying instead of flying I can see :-)

June 10, 2008 11:15 am  
Blogger lime said...

that really does sound like it was a beautiful, relaxed and refreshing evening.

June 10, 2008 2:42 pm  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

That is such a beautiful spot and view! How I envy you! We are not quite swimming yet but I bet some are after this recent heat wave.
Glad you are somewhat back on track and can experience the joy of your summer house.

June 10, 2008 3:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The landscape is beautiful!
You know I live near the Mediterranean sea and Have no time for the instance to walk to the beach! And even if I had it I need a water at 22 °C!!!Don't laugh! I'm just a little south woman! If only I could catch these beautiful salads! You make me hungry!

June 10, 2008 10:53 pm  
Blogger MaR said...

Northern Europe has all the sun and Spain has to be content with 22ºC (air) and don't ask me about the water temperature, I don't go in before it is at least 25ºC!
How wonderful you are enjoying such fantastic days, and I see you are not starving either :)

June 11, 2008 8:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love avocado. i don't think ican swimat that temperature though

June 11, 2008 3:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tor.
It was so good to come here and see that life can still smile at you, though I suppose you still have hard days and times.

The salad looks great.

June 11, 2008 6:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a fabulous lunch! Hope you have a good time!

June 11, 2008 6:47 pm  
Blogger S-V-H said...

Your salad looks great, it made me just hungry, TorA! You are on a very nice spot there, enjoy your stay!

June 11, 2008 11:34 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Your food dishes are a total inspiration t me, Tor. Hmmm. I need to start cooking like that! AND I'm so glad to see that you're refreshing yourselves after your loss!

June 12, 2008 9:44 pm  
Blogger Andree said...

When you are ready to visit, you will. Don't push it. It will come when you are ready. You need to do what you are doing now. I love these photos because it gives me ideas for summer food. thank you!

June 17, 2008 2:02 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home