Sunday, April 13, 2008

Family Dinner

Saturday was time for Family Dinner.
In fact for 4 generations.
So what to serve? hehe, at least 3 dishes we figured out. Actually it ended with 4 plus plus.
We are a hopeless Family in the sense of allways having mutual fun.

Love the setting around the 100 year old Family Table. And beeing together and have a good time. Enjoing every second.
Have you, my dear reader, experienced a 4 G Familiy Dinner?

And even with your X as well? ---- I call it the Global Family. As we are in Cyber World.

Here is the Table, before we "attacked".

Ruben (40) preparing for the Appetizer

Appetizer, this year as last year - on my BD - was shrimps and crawfish in jelly with remoulade, green leafes (French Feld) and seaweed crispy bread (from Sweden) with Normandy Butter, white wine from New Zealand and Voss Water from Norway. What a mix.

We then had a pause. Seb - the Master of Balloon kicking (not only kicking: Bang bang)
Main Dish: Confite de Canard - Conserved Ducks in Jelly and you see the rest

Balloons - wow
Another pause - Seb and papa preparing the surprises. haha - we kept it as as secret - for a while.....
( - No advertising allowed here)
Cheeze of course. 3 diffents from local Norwegian Farmers. Expensive but, what delicassies. Heavenly. But, since these cheeses are only available very locally - no photos. Must visit Norway to feel this wonderful tastes---

Yet another pause. Grandson with my Mother
Rasberries from our Summerhome with premium vanilla icecream.

Chocolade Cake

Chocolade Cake and Apple Cake (Family recipie - advanced by my Brother).

Anna - making Coffee alone?
HAHA - Seb is there to help.
Hallo all of you, he says - and feel safe with his grand grand ma
B D party - we allways have a great time when to celebrate
Served with Coffee and white and brown Calvados (Apple liquer). Genuine Vanilla Ice Cream topped with hip-extract (from our Summerhouse - dry -bake - conserve-cook and use the juice
Anna
gave Seb a "Book" with blank pages. Paper made for Aquarels. Everybody had to do a drawing and a poem.
As a Gift for me - then later a Heritage for him (Seb)
Here is Ruben (means: See, a Son) reading from our homemade poems.
Then we watched photos from Solvi's visit to Ingelin in Hong Kong and Thailand.
My grandson was all over.
Here is my mother, born 1919. I do think she had a great time.
In spite of her bad hips.
There was some leftovers from the Dessert - *giggles*
This is the Table after hours of pleasure. It's not hard at all to stove away. 'cause you have everybody's positive mind in your head, and replay their smile and laughter.
My Mother needed help . My son Niklas to the left and my Brother to the Right
Taxi - after Family Dinner

My mothers "best friend"

It was a wonderful Family Dinner. We missed Mats and Lori and Ingelin. Hope we can meet again one time when my mother still are among us. We had such fun together. As we allways have.

Labels: , , , , ,

20 Comments:

Blogger SaraLynn said...

Looks like a good time was had by all!

The desserts looked delicious, so did the duck!

Have a great day :)

April 13, 2008 6:22 pm  
Blogger Maribeth said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 13, 2008 10:24 pm  
Blogger Maribeth said...

I was very lucky to have my Grandma and Papa, born 1896 and 1897 with me until I was 26 years old. We had many meals with my two children who were born in 1976 and 1978, as well as my parents 1928 and 1929 and myself and my first husband both born in 1958.
I loved it when we had all the generations and I will have to find the picture of my grandma holding my newborn daughter!
Family! Interesting ties, are they not?

April 13, 2008 10:27 pm  
Blogger Sandee said...

I had a little bit of everything and it was all very yummy. You have the best feeds in cyberspace. Have a great day. :)

April 13, 2008 10:53 pm  
Blogger lime said...

when i was a child i had 4 generation dinners at the holidays because my greatgrandmother was living. i adored her and her stories of days gone by.

then when i had children of my own and my own grandmother was still living we had 4 generation dinners and my children loved her energy and humor. (she also was born 1919 but is no longer with us)

Your family meal looks like it was a very special and joyous time and the food looks just so delicious. thanks so much for sharing it with us.

April 14, 2008 12:20 am  
Blogger Shionge said...

Good company good food what more to ask for Toraa and seeing that your Mom with all the rest of the family members certainly warmths everyone's heart :D

I love to have some raspberries :D Looks so fresh!!

April 14, 2008 3:23 am  
Blogger MaR said...

You are all very lucky to have 4 generations to celebrate a family gathering, how wonderful!! You all look great, it must be the Norwegian "fresh" air :)

April 14, 2008 10:09 am  
Blogger Maribeth said...

This is your birthday celebration, Tor? I would hate to miss wishing you a Happy Birthday!!!

April 14, 2008 9:47 pm  
Blogger TorAa said...

@Maribeth: Yes, It was my B D Dinner

April 14, 2008 10:18 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh now that was a gathering!!! I love the photo with Seb and Anna the most... And I love your kitchen!

So now I'll go back and drool at all of the food because it looks so wonderful!

April 15, 2008 2:36 am  
Blogger eastcoastlife said...

Dearest Friend,
Get yourself listed on http://millionbloglist.com/index.php?title=Main_Page!

I have to tell my other friends, will come back to comment on your post. Sorry, I hope you don't think I'm spamming. hehe.....

April 15, 2008 4:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the before and after the attack photos of your table.

A good many memories were created during your dinner :-)

April 15, 2008 8:14 pm  
Blogger SandyCarlson said...

That looks like a marvelous time. It's wonderful your mother was there, too!

April 16, 2008 1:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds you had all beautiful time!
Beautiful photos, Tor!

April 16, 2008 1:17 am  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

What a great b-day party for you! You guys always know how to make and serve up a classy feast! Post that apple cake family recipe or is it a family secret?!!!
Anna is so much the teacher with that booklet!

April 16, 2008 5:07 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

Wow what a nice birthday party ! We had one too on Saturday (I posted about it on Sunday under Weekly Winners) Mr. Gattino had his birthday on April 12.
I don't know what happened but apparently I forgot to put you in my Google Reader and that's why I thought you hadn't posted for such a long time, lol !

April 16, 2008 6:34 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

There's no finer way to celebrate than with family.

I am so glad that you had a special and joyful time, dear friend.

April 17, 2008 3:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy see you all had a good time together, and I can see my presence there through the VOSS bottles ;)Good that Seb is turning out to be such a great waiter!We did have a birthday party for you as well here in Miami, and everybody says hi and congrats! Klem Ingelin

April 17, 2008 6:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm late Tor, but you know I've been rather busy at NCS lately!

Thanks for sharing this 4G gathering with us! You know I've been in the house and have experienced the lovely and friendly atmosphere - have been gathering around this antique table and have eaten food from Anna's kitchen - its just wonderful!

Glad your Mom had a great time too - send her my greetings!

April 19, 2008 1:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always great to spend time with family -although I didn't think so when I was in my rebellious teenage years :-).

But things change when you get older. And we begin to appreciate more our family.

April 26, 2008 5:18 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home