Thursday, December 20, 2007

From 8:30 AM to 4:14 PM - Thursday 13

TORSDAY 13

Inspired by my good friend and blogfella, RennyBA's article
"From dust to Dawn in December in Oslo" - I descided to take a sidestep from Argentina Adventures. The reason is obvious, I believe you will agree, my dear reader, when you see the pictures taken from outside my office. Christmas Cards - and they are real. Not arranged.

Grassing Horses in the Morning
From when I did arrived this morning around 8:30 am and left around 4:14 pm (It's early leaving due to the Fact we picked up our Cats after 3 weeks at Solvi and Stompa - her Cat), I shot some pictures - 4 U, my dear reader, to imagine how it's here in Oslo right now.

First some Facts. Oslo is situated in the bottom of Oslofjord - 100 km - 63 miles long. The City is sourounded by Hills, and the Downtown City is formed like a Hollow - with a Valley to the East, North and North West. To the South it is a Plateau, falling steep down to the fjord and a Valley and more hills to the South East. There are several Islands and a Pennisula (Bygdoy - where I'm born). Anna and I live in Southern Oslo during the Winters.


In the morning - The Horses - Neighbours to my Office's Parking House - see- no shadows yet.


Same Horses. They do find grass under the Frost.



Before noon I had to drive to Down Town Oslo - Do you see the Fog that has caused all this beauty. And I hope you can Imagine how low the Sun are above the Horizon these days - looooong Shadows. When driving Southwards - these Days when Blue Sky - Take care.


Had to walk out of the Parking House to
remember the scenery above ... Sun is up.

Do you ever have had a scenery like this just outside your Office Parking? Enlarge and you'll disciver oth the farm and Horses.


Noon - same Horses, same Farm. Remark the looong Shadows. And enlarge by clicking on the Photo. Then you will be there without feeling the Cold.


Afternoon - Birches - at 1 AM.


South East view in the very early afternoon


Blushing Trees. If you have taken your time to scroll down as far as this, I'm blushing of Gratitude as well...


Leaving with Flash - result: Not what I saw. Then:



Leaving at 4:14 pm. Another shot - without Flash and Tripod - 3,5 seconds. Am I steady? LOL.

Find more cruisers here. And do not miss Lime's Citizen of the World
(OK - I'll post mine during the weekend - that might be a surprise?)
PS. It's lots more to come from South America, Art Deco in So Be and - just return to read and Z.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

21 Comments:

Blogger Travel Italy said...

Truely beautiful photos.

December 20, 2007 11:57 pm  
Blogger TorAa said...

@Travel italy: Thanks for your comment. It's very inspiring.

December 21, 2007 12:23 am  
Blogger Maribeth said...

Oh it is beautiful! A true winter wonderland! It looks like you also have had a little snow. The trees just so beautiful! We are just buried here. Probably 3 feet of snow!!!

December 21, 2007 12:53 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't think I've ever seen anything so beautiful, Tor. I would have been out all day with my camera! I cannot believe how the trees look-- simply amazing!

December 21, 2007 1:53 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

These photos are INCREDIBLE!!!!!
Wow - you should post these on flickr for sure...

I love the later afternoon and blue blue the most..

And of course 830am to start? Oh what a dream!

Thanks for the inspiration and see you a lot later. Although I will post something for the photo hunt.

December 21, 2007 3:17 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

Wow ! I think you can open an Internet postcard shop ! an idea from when you are retired !! These pictures are really beautiful and you are a lucky guy to have such a view from your office ! For Brussels it is quite cold too, we had - 4 the last days that is quite unusual for December. It becomes cold more in January. But I like it that the sun is shining, so I just put some covers more and look like a fat market wife !

December 21, 2007 4:20 am  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

These are utterly MAGICAL, Tor...Ubreall, in their serene Beauty! Amazing photo's and magnificent lanscapes....And this is what you see from your office!
I am not sure I coiuld work if this was outside my window! (lol)
BEAUTIFUL beyond words! BREATH TAKING, TOO!
Thank You, Tor.....!

December 21, 2007 4:34 am  
Blogger MaR said...

Impressive and oh, so beautiful pictures!!! I could stare at them for ever, you did a wonderful job!

Feliz Navidad, amigo!

December 21, 2007 9:15 am  
Blogger lime said...

oh tor, those pictures are just beautiful! in addition to the snow being so lovely there is a quality to the light that is rather different than what we see here, perhaps due to how low the sun stays in the sky or the fog, i don't know. in any event it is just magical to see. thank you for sharing.

December 21, 2007 1:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely Xmas Card post and pictures Tor and thanks for the link love!

You have a real good description of the aria we live in and now everything can see (even if not that much snow), the two of us will have a White Christmas after all.

RennyBA's Terella

December 21, 2007 2:20 pm  
Blogger Gattina said...

If you wish to make a walk on Brussels Christmas market I published it today !

December 21, 2007 5:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! that really are like xmas cards! Beautiful scenery (and with wonderful horses). Though I like to watch it and not experience it. I rather go to Argentina ;-)

December 22, 2007 12:07 am  
Blogger Rosemary said...

Exquisite photos!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on all the Santa's.

December 22, 2007 12:42 am  
Blogger kuanyin333 said...

I agree with all the other commenters...these photos are simply gorgeous! Mahalo for sharing them with all of us. What a lovely Christmas treat! May your Holiday Season be joyous and peaceful!

December 22, 2007 4:16 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Fabulous photos, Tor. I cannot believe how bright the sun is and now long the shadows are. It's quite strange, but very beautiful and the sky is a very intense blue. Keep warm.

December 22, 2007 6:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, so spectacular! Wonderful! Beautiful! I'm going to run out of suitable words.... Thank you for sharing them.

December 22, 2007 6:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos, Tor! Like in a dream! It is possible? Yes but just for you here no snow and if I don't visit the Alpen I will sea no snow along the year!
How lucky you are to have a such landscapre just in front of your office!

December 22, 2007 11:20 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Absolutely fabulous photos, Tor! And yes, you have a steady hand (for an old man)! :)

December 23, 2007 2:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow those are awesome photos tor!

BTW,Merry Christmas to you & your family!all the best(hugs)

December 23, 2007 4:37 pm  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

These are spectacular! I just love all these Christmas card shots!

December 24, 2007 3:46 am  
Blogger Jeni said...

Awesome, absolutely awesome photographs! Thanks so much for posting them as I really enjoyed my visit.

December 26, 2007 3:43 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home