Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Argentina - Buenos Aires - Part 1

Jardin Botanico - Cats etc

In Iguazu we stayed at Hotel Margay. We appologize we did not see one of these rare Cats. Uknown for most people. But, here is a painting of a Margay.
My regular readers knows we are Cat lovers. The Cats Mieew is very global. Which means we could communicate in the Cat Language in Argentina and Uruguay. That's a fact. If you do not believe it, we can guide you for free (Air Tickets not included - LOL).

OK, let's start this Voyage and meet the Cats.
In Buenos Aires, the place for Cat lovers is Jardin Botanico.
Click on the photo to find out where it is - to the right. Our hotel is situated very central (left on the Map). You can have a Suite for 3 persons, breakfast included for USD 100. Restaurants etc 2-3 minutes walking distance away.

The Cats are really the Kings and Queens of the Park. All well feed and good looking. Do follow the restrictions what to do and not to to with them. i.e. Leave them as they are. Just look, not touch. But you can speak with them.

Guardians - do not forget they are predators
You can take the Subte (Subway or Metro) Linea D to Plaza Italia. You can not miss where to go when out from the Subte (The Zoo is over the next Street). The Cost is very reasonable: 0,70 Pesos ( around USD 0.22). Or you can take a Taxi. If your in the Center of Buenos Aires, the fare will be around 15 pesos (less than USD 5). The Park is spectacular. Flowers, Trees, Plants, Sculptures, Ponds (another story).
Here is some of the Cats we met in the Park:

After Lunch, we need some rest. Pls do not disturb. We can even hear your iPod.
Afternoon cleaning and refreshing
Boss - no doubt - or just well feed?
Cats do have a very good life in this Park.
Jardin Botanico is dived into several sections. This is the French on. Can you see the cat? Black and white like the person in front. Excuse moi, mes amis de la France, mais c'est que de gaieté. Contraste - n'est pas.

And, here is one more, in Palermo Florida district, where you can find Small Top Class designer fashion shops. Clue for my women readers: Honduras road and around. Prices?
Less than a Luncheon at Champs Elyseés in Paris.
On Tuesday, December 4, we went over Rio de la Plata by boat to Colonia in Uruguay.


We talked the same language. Very interisting, if I may say so, about how to live and being a Cat in Urugugay.
Back to Iguazu and Margay. The Hotel Manager have a Cat, named Evita. But Ingelin quickly named her Clara. Besides the Swimming Pool and the Frogs, she was the positive side of the hotel. That's another story.


We had some good moments together. Clara told me how it is to be a Hotel Cat and I told her about Felicia and Rosa. She loved their names and the fact they can stay outside half the year where we do live.

I did ask her: May I tell your story to my blogger friends?

She said: Miienow.

Why?

Mieu mieiaaw - miee mieew - which means: Please do not refere - I have enough challenges.

That Cat loved us - and it was mutual. It's fantastic to have contact with other living creatures on this Planet.....
On our last night in Puerto Iguazu, Clara (real name Evita) jumped up to Anna's lap. And they mieewed very intimate together. Clara was very clearly outspoken - and her meanings not to be misunderstood. We did agree with her.
By the way: If you have some minutes spare, visit:
Much more to come - joy and dramatics

Labels: , , , , ,

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The most ultimate Cats on Tuesday post I've ever seen! Including Norwegians going crazy in Latin America!

Thanks for a guided trip including the nice conversations.

Btw: Welcome home to Norway too - see you tomorrow night for a nice Xmas Party :-)

RennyBA's Terella

December 19, 2007 12:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mjau, mjau til Klara og alle kattepusene!I think they miss us - the human cat family! Ingelin

December 19, 2007 3:02 am  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

I'm not surprised these cats found you and loved you! One calico looks like my cat Socks! I love the black one as well. Maybe we should all come back as cats in anArgentina hotel!

December 19, 2007 3:42 am  
Blogger Mickey's Musings said...

Hi,thanks for dropping by my blog.
I like your blog too.It's interesting and I will hace to see more.
I like all the cats you have encountered,especially Clara :)
Take care and Merry Christmas

December 19, 2007 4:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All those street/park cats look very well fed and extremely happy! Of course what a lovely-looking place in which to be a street cat! It looks like you had a wonderful time. The photos were really fascinating, thank you!

Happy Holidays!

December 19, 2007 4:47 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

What an interesting post and so cute with all these cats ! In fact they look exactly like ours over here. I suppose they are all spayed otherwise there would be a lot more. I love when a cat visits me in a hotel, like the cat in Egypt I don't understand why in most of the holiday hotels cats are not allowed ! They don't bark ! BTW my Christmas tree is still standing !

December 19, 2007 4:59 am  
Blogger MaR said...

Gatos all over!! The climate is responsible for street cats, it isn't possible in the colder regions...

December 19, 2007 8:10 am  
Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Lots of wonderful cats in the park, and your hotel even had a resident cat - wonderful! That painting of the Margay is very beautiful.

December 19, 2007 9:20 am  
Blogger Maribeth said...

Oh what a wonderful post with all those beautiful cats! Isn't it funny how these creatures will find people who have spirits that are attuned to them?
On our trip I kept finding dogs. Dogs, dogs, everywhere!
Someday I will tell you my cat story.

December 19, 2007 2:14 pm  
Blogger lime said...

ah! i remember when my oldest was about 8 she had to do a school report on margays!

i have been so many places where dogs wandered all around. it would have been interesting to see all the cats.

December 19, 2007 5:12 pm  
Blogger ghee said...

oh wowwwwww!im surprised for the "love link and promotion",Tor!!whoahhh!!thanx thanx thanx and thanx!hugs hugs hugs and hugs!haha!

next are cats cats cats and cats again!wow!i was sleepy when i came here,now i think i become hyper when i saw your post,LOL!

nice to see that you can still have that "costume" in your pic,here it is too cold for that,haha!

Anna seems so melting with a cat on her lap. :)

a "passionate woman`s" hugs to both of you!!

ghee

December 19, 2007 6:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic COT-post really! You two are so very international, speaking all worlds cat language :-))

Maybe you should have smuggled the cat with you home... I'm sure she would have it better at your place... *giggles*

December 19, 2007 6:35 pm  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

What a wonderful post for Cats on Tuesday, Tor. Now I know where to go and find cats that are well treated and well loved by all. Isn't that just wonderful? Argentina, here I come!

I hope you, Anna and the Cats have a wonderful Christmas...just in case I don't get around to visiting again.

December 20, 2007 7:01 am  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

How wonderful to see all these Cats! And who is it that feeds them? The City Geovernment??? Or just people who live there...They look so healthy and well fed....BEAUTIFUL! And they all get slong?? Amazingly wonderful!

And Evita/Clara....How truly sweet! It is really special to get to know the animals and people of other country's...!
What a spectacular trip, Tor!

December 24, 2007 3:49 am  
Blogger Veronita said...

Hi!! I,m glad you like muy blog about my cats! I Love your blog, and the way you talk about cats, I can see you love them! Please, read my blog as you told me, and if you don't understand some post, please let my know! But I'm glad you read it to learn spanish! And you are included in my list of favorites blogs!!
Take Care!!
Veronica

February 24, 2008 6:27 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home