Sunday, November 25, 2007

Weekend - November

Hi, this weekend has been an Interlude.
But, much has been done and decided.
Our friend Nils, he was 70 on Saturday. We bought a $100 flower bouquet to him and called him on his day. The party will be next Saturday - the day we fly away down to Buenos Aires. (--- and for the first time since -94, I'm not going with my trusted customers (90 % with spouses) as their leader on our yearly X-Mas seminar. They will this year be in Nice (France). Just some minutes away from my friend Hakon.
But - Silver Wedding - I say no more.

Then we agreed upon where to be on Christmas Eve - the most important Family gathering in Norway. We will be in Niklas' new home. My mother (88) as well.

Then we also concluded where to be on New Years Eve. In our Winterhome. Party- party

And Saturday afternoon - buying and posting the regular Silver Cutlery to Anna's brothers. A long tradition - I think we now can serve at least 2 dozens of people - with silver cutlery. That's an important Norwegian tradition to serve familiy and friends with Silver and porcelain. In fact - it's a symbol of how we do weight you as friend - unless spoken out before - friendship is the most important - then we are very, very informal - as long as the food is prepared with a hearth for the visitors.

Yeah - Viking Traditions. We are not that bad?

Besides these need to do - we have been very passive. Some talking. Sleeeeeepiing. The days here are now very short. The Sun is "up" this Sunday 11h 59 minutes shorter than at mid-summer. Can you imagine. 12 houres. That's why we go to the Southern Hemisphere in less than a week.

Our Cats, well they relaxe. They are born here. They will stay with cousin (cat) Stompa for nearly 3 weeks. We will bring enought food. Solvi do not have a Car. So, we will bring for a least 3 weeks of food for, then 3, Cats.

But - during Summer -the Nordics is the worlds most wonder. It's up to you. Can it be simpler?

Tell me when you want to visit - we will allways find accommodations

PS. This is my first post, maybe the only one, without photos. What do you think?

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great writing.

Silver cutlery.....even my kids can serve a huge party. Their father in law is saving for them, and has given silver for Christmas and birthdays all their lives :-)

November 25, 2007 8:19 pm  
Blogger lime said...

i would like to know more about that silver and porcelain tradition, where it came from and why.

i miss the pictures a little but at the same time they are nto always necessary for a good post. it's just that yours are always so entertaining.

have a wonderful trip to the soutern hemisphere!

November 25, 2007 8:59 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tor, you and Anna have a very busy time planned until the end of 2007. I wish you a very safe trip to the Southern Hemisphere in a few short days.

Where did the silver tradition come from, do you know?

I do miss your photos, but understand that it can be hard to post so many pictures.

November 25, 2007 9:33 pm  
Blogger A. said...

I don't miss the pictures with an interesting post like this. So very interesting. I didn't know anything about the tradition of giving silver. We have been giving our sons silver for the last few years, but just by chance.

Silver wedding? A drop in the ocean:) When you've been married as long as I have, then you can talk!:) We have a big anniversary next year, but no plans made because my mother is so very ill. We don' know what next year will bring.

November 25, 2007 9:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You certainly got a lot done. We have had similar silver traditions here in Sweden, but I think they're almost gone now.

Busy times here too, lot of phone calls.... phew! I'm writing post while talking sometimes and screwing things up so I have to start all over again... *giggles*

Ever hear of nanotubes? Now you have...That's the way I plan to travel!

November 26, 2007 12:31 am  
Blogger Maribeth said...

I always like hearing from you, but I do love the pictures!
I am home now from our vacation!

November 26, 2007 3:00 am  
Blogger MaR said...

Your posts are very eloquent even without pictures :)
But I'd love pics of that silver and china, no food needed, just an empty plate, lol!
You sound very busy having fun. Get your sleep before the holidays and keep us posted.

November 26, 2007 9:38 am  
Blogger Digital Flower Pictures said...

I am glad you have your holidays sorted out. I am trying to figure out where to spend ours. Thanks for the traditions we could use more of that in the States.

November 26, 2007 12:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures might be good sometimes Tor :-)

What a decision maker you are and I can tell you'll have a busy Christmas preparation and celebration.

Regarding New Years Eve - I thought you would like to go to Sweden?

In the mean time, have a great trip out there in the world :-)

November 26, 2007 12:56 pm  
Blogger Holly Schwendiman said...

I love getting caught up on your blog and happenings. It sounds like you're keeping busy!

Hugs,
Holly

November 26, 2007 7:39 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Your photos are always so fun, Tor, so I was surprised not to see any with this post. BUT I still read every word, so that should tell you everything. :)

November 26, 2007 8:22 pm  
Blogger Lynn said...

Congratulations to you and your wife on your silver anniversary. Carl an I will have our silver in 2009.
I hope you have a lovely time in Argentina. No sunburns please.

November 27, 2007 8:47 am  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Your Posts are wonderfulYpr....But, I am crazy about Pictures on Blogs, Particular;y yours, because they are alwayd so animated and informative!

Your coming trip is almost here...Three weeks away from your beloved cats and your beloved Norway..BUT, what a trip this will be! A HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ahead of time! (lol)

November 27, 2007 12:18 pm  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Sounds like wonderful plans! You have busy busy lives. How do you have time to work? Does Anna take time off from teaching to go away?

Anyway, have a fabulous silver anniversary! (Are you giving her lots of silver cutlery?!!!)

November 29, 2007 3:59 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home