Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Shut Down - but still alive

Wordless Wednesday (from India) here (Sept 19 - 2007)

We are alive. View from the top of our estate - Saturday September 15 - noon. At least, this is a very stimulating view - though, it's a hard climb up the steep rocks to the top. Worth it?



Plastic - here


Original Message:

Hi, I'll be away for some time. No inspiration.

FAQ:
Q: Why?
A:
it's as simple as this:
Spending the whole afternoon and evening only to upload one post - waiting and waiting - loose connection - reestablish connection etc etc - watch the screen where nothing happens, check modem lamps, antennas, , having about no time to comment and read other blogs - is so frustrating - driving me mad. I want a life.
Therefore as a rule, I will post only to WW and PH from office (no more time generally not available) until we are back in the Winterhome in 4 weeks time.
I've posted on http://toraamusic.blogspot.com my mood right now.

PS. I'll post from the Norwegian Mountains end of September (21-23) (CyberCruise)

PS 2: We will be in Amsterdam the weekend (28-30) and I'm in Riga Oct 9-11 and moving to Winterhome Oct 6-7. I'm also invited to my daughter in Miami.

PS 3: We will have dinner with Blogger friends end of October.

Q: Can we contact you?
A: I'm available on my e-mail

Q: Why is that?
A: Because e-mails normally does not have pictures, thus I can live with the slow, unstable line

Q: Do you feel frustrated?
A: What an insane question

Q: What will you do about it?
A: Read above. Only some weeks, and I'm back to normal. Pls be patient.

Q: When will you be back to normal?
A: I'll post Wordless Wednesday and Photo Hunters from my Office.
I'll also post from the Norwegian Mountains end of September (21-23) (CyberCruise)

Q: Will you post comments to your bloggerfriends posts?
A: I'll do my best - from office - in between. That might be very irregular. Hope you can excuse me.

Q: What will you say to your readers?
A: Love you all. You are such important inspirators. And I learn so much from you, I would not by any means miss a single of your posts?

Q: Can you read/upload posts?
A: Posts/sites with a few elements to upload takes a reasonable amount of time, but, "advanced" i.e. with to many fancy elements, it's takes too long - even "time outs".

Q: A last comment?
A: As said before: Love you all. I'll be back to normal soon. Hugs to you all from us in the Summerhouse.

Labels: , , , , , ,

27 Comments:

Blogger MaR said...

Take your time, TorAa. Google reader will immediately tell me whenever you are back with renewed energy. I guess it hits us all from time to time...
Missing you already!!

September 11, 2007 10:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that happens to all of us and at least you are honest enough to admit it.

You know we will all miss you but also give you the time you need to recover. Your on my blogroll so I'll never forget - besides your a great colleague and friend and will always be - blogging or not!

September 11, 2007 11:57 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

My dear Tor-- I very much understand that feeling. While I always enjoy reading your posts here on your wonderful blog, we all need a rest sometime.

May you return refreshed and renewed!

You are missed already. :-)

September 12, 2007 12:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeg synes du skal ta deg en real ferie fra bloggingen og lese en god bok:)Har du lest Drageløperen av Kahled Hosseini?Den tror jeg passer for deg nå.Ellers kan du komme til Miami, det koster bare 4900 med BA nå.Klem

September 12, 2007 1:49 am  
Blogger lime said...

when youare ready...:)

September 12, 2007 4:57 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

What's that now ?? Are you crazy, what does that mean no inspiration ?? I got one for you ! Write about the depressions nordic people suffer from because of the lack of sunshine and light ! I hope you are not starting with that ! Buy a special "good mood" lamp, new toys for your cats to play with then you can watch them. Get on Anna's nerves maybe then your inspiration gets back, take happy pills, smoke hash, drink Whisky, Wodka or whatever, Hemmingway had to do that too ! Even Beethoven couldn't compose without booze !
If all this doesn't help I come over and shake your bad mood out of you !!

September 12, 2007 11:00 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

There, now, Tor! Gattina has told you...so you'd better take notice. Meanwhile...happy imagings and I'm sure some of these comments will inspire you.

September 12, 2007 2:07 pm  
Blogger Shammickite said...

Listen to Gattina!
See ya later alligator.

September 12, 2007 3:33 pm  
Blogger Desert Diva said...

Everyone needs a break now and then. That doesn't mean that I won't miss your humor and insights.

Take your time and be good to yourself - just come back!

September 12, 2007 5:26 pm  
Blogger RennyBA said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

September 12, 2007 9:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

on't you worry - we'll all be here waiting for you - we love you too you know!

Btw: Looking forward to PS3 :-)

September 12, 2007 9:57 pm  
Blogger A. said...

Well I can live with it, knowing you'll be back. Keep well!

September 12, 2007 10:57 pm  
Blogger Andree said...

I know that I will miss you very much. But I really understand what you are going thru. It could make a saint insane! Have a great and quiet four weeks!

September 13, 2007 1:52 am  
Blogger Shionge said...

We love you too Toraa and yes understand the frustration...you take care and have a good time....while we are here missing you kekek..

September 13, 2007 1:48 pm  
Blogger Shammickite said...

What a thoughtful post!
We will miss you.
And Anna, Rosa and Felicia.

September 14, 2007 12:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how you have stand it for so long as you have! I'd be totally insane by now. Oh, wait, I'm already insane.... *giggles*

So sorry. We will miss you. and not forget you. At all.

Come back when you can in october and write posts so your fingers are going to bleed!!!! *giggles*

Oh, that means you'll not miss our blog warming party then, it's gonna be in the middle of October probably, when the blog makeover is ready!

Hugs to U & A

September 14, 2007 12:56 am  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Enjoy the last weeks in your summer home. See ya in October!

September 14, 2007 4:13 am  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Worst of all, Tor, is that I will MISS YOU when you are here in Amsterdam at the end of the month, I can't believe it!!!! So close, yet so far. :(

September 14, 2007 12:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tor.

Where is your summer house?

September 14, 2007 6:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tor, sometimes we need a break, I can understand that! But I will miss you and hope you'll come back with full of ideas and projects for the Lifecruiser Cyber Tour!

September 15, 2007 10:51 pm  
Blogger Shosh said...

Tor, if that's the view to your summerhouse, it's any wonder you'd want to leave it...it is absolutely fantastic!

September 17, 2007 8:11 am  
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

Please join me for a caption contest:

Send in your edited cartoon and-or vote on the work of others.

R2K

September 18, 2007 1:19 am  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh TorAa....I forgot to say what a GORGEOUS Picture that is and what a fantastic view you have! Beautiful, Beautiful country, my dear.

September 18, 2007 5:51 am  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh Dear....I don't see my first comment here....Too exhausting to begin again....I am going to cry!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Anna....

My Emmy Post will be up in the early morning here...(I hope)...

Not to worry about needing to take a break...I have been feeling that myself....I just cannot seem to get around to vgisiting everyone these days, AND, posting even every other day seems really hard....I have been working on this Emmy Post all damn day---with Major interuptions---I am tired.

Hugs To You Both...

Oh I know what else I said....Who is it that is going to Riga?
THAT is where my father is from!

September 18, 2007 5:55 am  
Blogger One Wacky Mom said...

Now that was very very cool way to manage and handle being away...course I couldn't do that because I couldn't get access to the internet...I was just dead.

I linked into you as well!

September 18, 2007 8:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is an awsome view and i would not post just because I had my cup of coffee and could look at all of that!

September 19, 2007 8:07 pm  
Blogger Andree said...

i know you can't "talk" but i'm confused! you are in India? you ahve an estate in India? I think it's worth the climb!

September 19, 2007 11:29 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home