Friday, August 31, 2007

Friday August 31 - 2007 -

One year of blogging

My first blog was posted on August 31 in 2006. For a very simple reason. One year after I may say: I do not regret this step into the Cyber World at all. Never have I met so many interesting and genuine people from all over the Globe in such a short time. I’m overwhelmed by all the nice, wise, cheerful, interesting and witty comments given to my posts during this year. And all the fun I’ve been so lucky to take part in. I’ve done 272 posts in my first year. And received several thousands comments.

During this first year Anna, my wife, and I have had the pleasure to meet in blood and flesh two of my blogger friends, with their respective “better half”, RennyBA and Mrs Lifecruiser.
They are all unique persons and personalities. You can read about our meetings in several of my posts.

On this occasion, it is very hard to highlight some specific comments or blogs I’ve read.
Butt, I do think Mrs Lifecruiser’s idea of Cyber Cruise is worth a special gift – A x-mas card – a real one stamped from Santa’s Post Office in Dröbak. The Cyber Cruise – still going on has been very serious, informative, creative, high quality and at the same time: Fun, fun and fun. My anniversary gift to all Cuber Cruisers and readers: I plan to post from Buenos Aires/Argentina – and from Holland and Riga –
later this year- Have to go there, before posting, right?)).

I still have two more x-mas cards, with the stamp from Santa’s Post Office. When in the Office, I asked for one stamp for Norway, one for Europe and one for The World. Well,
as the first one goes to Sweden (Europe), then there is one for Norway, and one for the World left. So how to choose? I did not think twice. I made a simple decision:

Go back from my first post. http://toraa.blogspot.com/2006/08/oslo-august-31-2006-this-morning-i.html. Then look for the first comment from Norway and the first from the World.
Guess what? The result was revealed in my debut post:
Here it is: RennyBA – Norway and Expat Traveler – The World and Vancouver, Canada.
You know, our Cats have been frequent readers of Gattina's Cats on Tuesday, and they ponder out a special prize for her. (Shhh - a secret: Gattina and I have a date when we are 80 - if not before).
Next time I need other criteria for premiums. Maybe: animals, flowers, history, wildlife, architecture, sport, family, friends, kids, nature, boats, literature, movies, leisure, food, macro, daily life …. I write all the themes on a sheet of paper, put them in a Jar, and ask Anna to pick up 3 themes. For each theme there will be blogger names, also to be picked from different, smaller jars. Let’s see if it’s gonna be you next time.

Thank you all for a wonderful year - it's been like a never ending Samba. So do it then;))

PS. The winners will receive their cards in their respective snail-mail boxes.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time flies when you're having fun like everyone says,and I must admit I'm having fun reading with your entries,too.:)

Keep it up tor! Congrats!

August 31, 2007 6:21 pm  
Blogger lime said...

i saw your last post and it firghtened me for a minute to think you might be leavin the blogosphere. when i got to the end i breathed a sigh of relief. may i add my good wishes for many more happy years of blogging. happy blogiversary!

August 31, 2007 6:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Tor for a great start to your new blog year! Even if I've known you for a long time in real life, this year of blogging with you has been fantastic! Even our meetings in real flesh has been more exciting and the top of the cream was yours and Anna's visit to Mariestad!

Being an A-Team Cruiser with you has been a pleasure as well and I know we will be dancing for years to come too!

Keep up the good blogging work my friend:-)

August 31, 2007 7:01 pm  
Blogger Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Toraa, Well thanks again for visiting my blog and ehhhh NO, I won't post "instuments-tables" from the Vet's no-more, cause the first is also the last time.

Have some good travels and I still don't undstand why you keep saying, that you stop bloging, when you don't. However its intersting to ead your blog, and again: " when you want to quith its your right to do so" ,

About Amsterdam: Maybe the weather is good /better as it is now, mostly it is at the end of September, sooooo.

have a good weekend and when You will NOT stop I'll visit your blog in return again, w'll see.

Bye (dag =Dutch) JoAnn :) Greetings

August 31, 2007 7:54 pm  
Blogger Maribeth said...

May this year be full of happy stories and wonderful moments!

August 31, 2007 8:05 pm  
Blogger Suzanne R said...

Congrats on your first year of blogging! I'm glad you are continuing, and going into your second year. I will be seeing you in Cats on Tuesday! For now, thanks for coming by my blog and commenting!

August 31, 2007 8:45 pm  
Blogger MaR said...

Congratulations, felicitaciones, herzliche Glueckwuensche, etc. And congrats to the Xmas card winners.
The blogging world is truly amazing and oh, so much fun!
Cheers, TorAa!

August 31, 2007 9:33 pm  
Blogger TorAa said...

@to all of you responding so far:
Alarm - alarm - the Vikings may come in 2008
- say no more
- secrets to come

August 31, 2007 10:22 pm  
Blogger Susan Demeter said...

Congratulations on your blog's b-day!

Cheers!

September 01, 2007 1:25 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Happy Anniversary and congratulations on a year of blogging. It's been a great year with lots of interesting posts...keep it up for the next year and I hope Rosa and Felicia keep blogging as well.

September 01, 2007 11:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogversary, Tor!

September 01, 2007 12:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I'm expecting. *giggles*

Santa will remember me this year, I'm sure.

Well, it has been a pleasure getting to know you Tor and Anna and I hope for you to get another and another and another wonderful blogging year to come!!!!

I only know one thing: it will be a lot of boats and curising in it :-)

September 01, 2007 7:14 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY...! A FABULOUS ACCOMPLISHMENT, My Dear TorAa....!
BRAVO!

September 02, 2007 12:01 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes I think it is great you began your journey with blogging a year ago. I too have met some great people and only hope to meet more in real life..

I still can't believe we travelled so close to each other at some points..

And thanks for the continued mentioning and support.

One day we will meet!

September 02, 2007 2:37 am  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Wow! Congrats! I had no idea you were so YOUNG at blogging! You seem like such an expert. It is a neat thing and I'm glad you've got so much out of it. It is cool and interesting to read others' and get a slice of their life. Thanks for all your visits to mine.

BLOG ON!

September 02, 2007 5:28 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home