Thursday, June 21, 2007

TORsdag 13 – June 21-2007

This time I got a TT for free. It just happened, what have not happened for many years here at the Summer House: Power Outlet.

At least the Pollock for Rosa and Felicia was well prepared before it happend.
Rosa was very angry at her father – Peter Fur. She screamed him away. What a noise. Like she told her father to at last be adult and fix his own life instead of stealing food from his own daughter.
I was down in the garden, when returning – Radio dead – no lights. Hmmm. I called my power supplyer. Power Outlet. Maintenance engineers searching for the cause.

Here it is – the TT when Power Outlet:

1) No modem for Internet (Roaar – grrrrr)
2) No Cellphone charger (battery will still last until Saturday)
3) No Lights or Heating (don’t think needed at the moment)
4) No Washing Machine (grrr)
5) No TV (hehehe)
6) No standard Music Player (well, have music on my PC)
7) No standard Radio ( no batteries)
8) No electric garden equipment (we have only a wood saw)
9) Yes, my Cellphone still works (hehehe – se 2)
10) Yes, we have hot water (gas)
11) Yes, to water the garden (which is really needed) and get rid of goatweed (5 feet high)
12) Yes, to talk with the cats
13) Yes, I can write this post with my ThinkPad

Hope to make dinner, without barbecue. Result: Picture to the right.
As you may have understood (sure you have) this is written Wednesday afternoon. No chance to comment on WW- entries then.
Anna was occupied with the “End of the School Year Party” – grade 5-7 – performing for parents. She stayed in our Winter Home last night. I had to feed the Cats. In the Summer Houses. I put on my noiseguard with build in radio.


This is written outdoor.
Marvellous feeling. Happy TT.

Labels: , , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Gattina said...

Without electricity how romantic (grr) ! hope for you that they find it quickly ! How did you do to make this post ? Apparently you have internet now in your summer house ?
An idiot working here down the street cut a cable and the whole street was without tel, TV and Internet ! That was the worst for me. Finally somebody came and fixed it and by 7.30 pm it was done ! There I realized that im internet addicted or more blog addicted, because I didn't know what to do in my free time. WW was going on and I wanted to prepare the TT !
Rosie things she is a very big cat now and starts to follow the others (they have such nice tails to play with!)

June 21, 2007 4:52 pm  
Blogger TorAa said...

@Gattina: I wrote this post on my laptop - 4-5 hours battery capacity. Then stored it on a memory chip and plugged it into my PC at work. The same with the photos - from my camera to my job-PC. Viola. C'est tout.

My internet connection from the Summerhouse varies a lot, to express it softly - From no contact to very good and fast. Everything is wireless. No cables at all. Not even to the Modem. Only the power cord.

But, at least, I got the opportunity to do some gardening.

The power came back after 10 pm.

June 21, 2007 7:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a blast ;-)

Though, it made a very original Thursday thirteen post.... *giggles*

June 21, 2007 8:20 pm  
Blogger MaR said...

Love your headphones! :)
but I am a civilization freak, I need electricity!!!
Hope everything is running smoothly again soon!

June 21, 2007 9:27 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love your headphone photo,Tor. And what beautiful flowers you have too.

No power makes for things to be very different. At least you were able to garden. :)

June 22, 2007 2:30 am  
Blogger Shammickite said...

We had a big thunderstorm last week, and the power went off for 6 hours... no TV (that's good) no computer (that's OK) no lights (go to bed early).
So niw I have bought a wind-up radio and a wind-up flashlight.... and more candles!

June 22, 2007 3:58 am  
Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

It sounds like you were able to survive and enjoy yourself even without power. I hope it wasn't out too long.

June 22, 2007 10:28 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Oh, oh, no power...I know what that's like, but I have gas hot water and cooking...so I can still shower and eat. No light or TV or computer, but hey, a good book and a powerful torch is a good substitute.

Hope you get your power back soon.

June 22, 2007 3:29 pm  
Blogger TorAa said...

@captain lifecruiser: You are so right, everybody knows how many babies were born 9 months after the power outlet in N Y . but I was alone with my female cats LOL

June 22, 2007 11:04 pm  
Blogger TorAa said...

@mar: Agree, when we have the habit of 100% politly power, then -- without it is a disaster. We have to realize what a knifeshaft we are living on in this "power-dependent" societies.

I will never forget when we were lost in Salar de Atacamo - short story - we were rescued.

Hugs from the Summerhouse

June 22, 2007 11:32 pm  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

It can be very frustrating to be without power especially for an extended time. It's so hot here I wouldn't want to be without my air conditioning for very long!

But, it can serve to remind us to get back to the simpler things we can do without power.

Your supper looked delicious!

Have a great weekend, ToraA.

Hugs,

Diane

June 23, 2007 6:49 am  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

I didn't know she was a teacher! Yeah! Me too!
Poor Toraa..imagine having the chore of feeding the cats!!!

June 25, 2007 1:40 am  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Isn't it funny how much we take electricity for granted, Tor!!! When it goes out it can be a huge pain but then it forces us to re-think and re-do Life. In the meantime, it brings you something very clever to blog about! :)

June 25, 2007 1:40 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home