Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tuesday - January 23 - 2007

CATS ON TUESDAY
Sunday is p-day.

Many people mix the p-pills for their cats into the food. We have tried that a couple of times.
Result: No food eaten. That’s it. Our Cats knows it. They scratch the floor, and put their taileless Tails right up in the Air. And show their buts to the poissened food.

- Mnjet , miuaful – No, it’s awful.

Every Sunday, at catdinner time, they don’t run for their Pollock. They walk with care; approaching slowly. Sniffing carefully.
- Mieewo – hm what’s it?

Safe to eat: Yes
Then they attack with eager and lust.

After a couple of hours after their Dinner, time for the Pill. We cannot say it loudly. Because they hide the moment ”pill” is even whispered. Felicia's hiding place-->

Either me or Anna walks as silent as only we can do (LoL) into the Kitchen and grab two pills from the box, to the Sound of running Tapwater or the Radio.

Pick up one Cat each, I take Felicia and Anne gets hold of Rosa. Onto our laps. Putting them butt down, head up. Opens their mouths. At least we try, cause they keep it chut. What a struggle. And their ears: Flat backwards. Luckely they don’t use their long nails.

- It’s no danger. It’s only a little pill. You know you need it. It’s for your convience (at least ours – he-he. We plan to let them have kittens during this Fall, and then to be sterilized).
Rosa watching Animal Planet-->
Well into their mouth, we are not finnished. Scratch their troaths. Several times and then let go, i.e. they run away. If glance could kill….
Then we feel safe, you think? Oh no, we don’t know whether the pill was swollowed or not until next Sunday. Guess how many odd places we’ve found pills. They put the pill under their Tongue, and spit it out. Have revealed them of several occasions. Smart creatures.



PS. Took a Color Quiz

18 Comments:

Blogger Gattina said...

Lol ! I know that only too well ! The only one who swallows pills without any problem is Arthur. But it has to be wrapped in minced meat or chicken. Lisa is vicious. She apparently swells the pill, jumps down and then, clong, clong, clong the pill jumps too ... The only way is to be two, one holding Lisa wrapped in a towl where she fights like a devil and the other opening her mouth, throw the pill deep in and holding mouth closed for a while. But then she is really very angry !

January 23, 2007 2:23 pm  
Blogger Gunillo said...

Oh, cats are really wise!

January 23, 2007 3:50 pm  
Blogger srp said...

Pilling cats is a horrible experience. I have one who can hide it in her mouth for fifteen minutes before spitting it out. I can imagine the taste is very bad. She would do better to swallow it.

January 23, 2007 4:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a funny story! Cats are very wise, there is no tricking them, is there? ;-)

January 23, 2007 4:10 pm  
Blogger Andree said...

gee, those are the same problems I have! Yes, pilling cats is a two-person adventure!

January 23, 2007 4:14 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Hmmm. I don't have any cats but have been around them and know they are masters of the house. You would think someone would come up with a better way to give them the pill. Outsmart them! Is it really that hard to figure out??

January 23, 2007 7:06 pm  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

That's so funny! I've never pilled my cts because I'm afraid of getting bitten. My husband has to do it! How do the vets do it so easily and swiftly? They tell you to squeeze hard on either side of the jaws at the mouth and they gag and open..then you shove it fast. Easier said than done!

January 23, 2007 7:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

smart cats,I could say.look at them while hiding and watching TV. :)

well,kittens are so cute!thats the reason of pilling them,i got it :)

happy tuesday cat? :)

January 23, 2007 10:13 pm  
Blogger TorAa said...

@Gattina: How much fun and a little struggle we do have with our Cats.
I allways wondered: How do they know?
@Gunillo: Yeah, they are wise, and even make a fool out of us, poor slaves we are LoL
@SRP: I'm reliefed there are others experiencing the same when coming to pills and Cats
@Lisa: One thing is for sure: It's easier tricking me than those horrible predators ;-))
Yes, we can serve the fish, and catch them at once - but then we risk they spit out the pill before commencing on the fish.
However, this small weekly "battle" is far better than the noise and behaviour of a female cat mieuwing and calling for a male one. THAT IS HORRIBLE. They have no shame at all.
@meeyauw: When the "battle" goes on, there is no cosy relationship, but we use the make a laugh afterwards.
@Ginnie: Shecats apparently have good friends with some strong forces I'm unable to compete with.LoL
@Mother of Invention: You are smart. Let the Male do the Job.LoL.
I believe the Vets have more experience and may be not the same amateur feelings for our Cats as we do have.
@Ghee: Yeah, you are right. They are our Masters. Cats, one says, is the only animal that have tamed humans;-))

January 23, 2007 11:06 pm  
Blogger Shionge said...

Oh Wow! What a cool hiding place :D Watching the living room goes by ahhahaha

Good luck on pill-feeding Toraa!

January 24, 2007 12:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the shot of your kitty watching TV. Last year the vet gave me a pill for my boy Darius because he had gotten worms from killing the mice and critters he was catching when he was outside. I worried all day over giving him that pill. I got a towel, had my husband hold him and it was so pitiful, he took the pill like it was no big deal. Making me look foolish and then he acted like he was crushed that I treated him that way. But what cat ever takes a pill well??? He just likes making me feel bad.

January 24, 2007 3:19 am  
Blogger Shammickite said...

My cat Dixie (she is no longer in this world) used to take pills so easily. Just hold her with one hand behind her head, squeeze her mouth open from behind, and IN goes the pill, push it down with the tiny finger, hold her for a few more minutes and the pill is gone! Good Dixie! She died when she was 19 years old, a fine and distinguished old lady.

January 24, 2007 4:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://dine.racoma.com.ph

smart cats! my friend has the same problem,sometimes she just gives up.

January 24, 2007 6:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't say that I blame them.

OH, I think this makes me glad that I don't have any cat.... *s*

Though I enjoyed reading this very much, when I'm on a safe distance!

I love Felicias hiding place :-)

January 24, 2007 10:09 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Ooooh! I've never thought of hiding them under my tongue!

Thanks TorAa!

Oscar

January 24, 2007 10:15 am  
Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

sometimes too smart!

January 24, 2007 11:15 am  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

We haven't had to give our kitties any pills yet. But with our dog, we have to wrap pills in cheese or meat to get her to take them. It usually works.

January 24, 2007 7:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cats are so smart eh? Wow how does Felicia get up there!

January 27, 2007 9:55 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home