Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Weekend with Blogfriend RennyBA - part 2

Second Leg: Karlstad - Mariestad

Bye, bye to Karlstad and the shopping mall. On to E18 (European road #18), and into the darkness. Even though I find it strenious to drive in the dark when the roads are wet, this time it didn’t matter. That’s how it is in good company. At 9 PM we arrived, parked the Car and carried all the food and wine and luggage into the appartment. A very likeable one. Anna and I was installed in an ”appartment” in the appartment. Very confy. Renny turned up the heating and the electric fireplace. Very ”koselig”.
And suddenly it was time for dinner. You can read about it at RennyBA. A heavenly good fish. When a meal is that good, we often use to say: It tastes like cream. Renny in his vacation home Greeting the World

After dinner, time for blogging. My PC was not special cooperative, so I used Anna’s.

And then we were in Cyberspace. With a glass of Calvados and a cigar. The two blogger friends. How fast times goes by in good company. Before we said: Cookie, the time was 4:30 am. What did the ladies do? Playing?


Saturday morning, was not morning: We wake up for Brunch and some time after noon we went in to the town. Found a parkingspot, and off we went. First shop: A sportswear and equipment magazin: Anna could not resist to use my Credit Card. I’m sure she found something useful for xMas gifts and the winter we hope will come.
Shop after shop had the pleasure of visiting Norwegians. Well, as you allready know, men has the ability to spend shopping hours playfully. And Renny even found himself a new puppy.
Shoppinghours allways come to an end. So did ours too. And the hunt of the day placed safely into the car.

Next stop: The Church. Guess who took the place and played at the Big Piano. Renny. He played wonderful on the, for him unknown, instrument. And people from all over Sweden listened with joy and honour. LoL. Renny playing the Big Piano in Mariestad Domkirke

Finnished shopping? Oh no: Saturday dinner had to be saved. And all the Christmas Decorations + Christmas tree to be put on their traditional places.


Avocado, caviar and mayonnaise as starter

That Sirloin was heavenly

Cake, coffee avec, just before the highlight: Blogging

We did a three meal course, relaxed a bit and guess what: Started to blog again. You may have some comments on your blog from Saturday December 9.

As our "girls" did not have time to play during their shopping, the bloggers accepted to play quizz with them. I.e. a test of who would be best; Renny or me. Anna, as Teacher, of course asked the questions. It ended with a draw (what else among friends).

We went to bed at NN am. Say no more.

Next day blue Sky and Sunny: Breakfast ( I mean: Brunch), cleaning, and a huge challenge stoving everything into the car.

Diane, Renny and Anna at Ekudden (Oaks Point) Sunday "morning".
First stop at the beach. That was refreshing. The air I mean.


Strange to think about: Only a couple of months ago, this was a crowded beach

It’s odd to think about how fast a weekend feels to go by when in company with such remarkable people like Renny and Diane.

Thank you for inviting usAnna.

Tor
Memories for lifetime.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

This is just SPLENDID, Tor! All of it. I love how you two couples have totally hit it off. This is exactly how the world should be. You are our mentors and our examples! YAY!

December 19, 2006 5:06 pm  
Blogger TorAa said...

@ginnie: Thank you a million times. I'm really humble that I can be part of something positive and even have comments like the one you gave me here...

December 19, 2006 5:18 pm  
Blogger RennyBA said...

What a lovely way to summarize our gathering in the first Leg and this part 2! I do agree we had a lovely time together and remember it is because you was just a great couple to spend time with - a perfect match!
Some have commented it has been great to watch both yours and mine post about our stay in Sweden and I do agree. I didn't know you were going to tell the whole world that I played the grand piano for you, but since it is common knowledge I am ready to perform on demand anywhere in the world, just give me a call!

December 19, 2006 11:27 pm  
Blogger S said...

Wow I just love the way RennyBA coerces his bloggy pals with avos and mayo! Im telling you, that man ought to start a tourism company up there!
Thank you for coming to my blog and stay tuned!

December 20, 2006 12:09 pm  
Blogger TorAa said...

@barfoot_mistress: btw. I actually was allowed to propose the avos and mayo and the "fisheggs". LOL. You are so right. RennyBA is unique.

December 20, 2006 5:13 pm  
Blogger TorAa said...

@RennyBA: Pity I did not record it. I'll do next time.

December 20, 2006 5:15 pm  
Blogger Raquel said...

You guys had fun huh?! Renny reminds me of Kenny Rogers, hehehe.

Thank you for sharing those lovely photos Tor...Merry Christmas to you and the whole family!

December 20, 2006 7:07 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

What fun to read about your weekebd with Renny & Diane...I read some on his blog a few days ago about quite a lot of food! YUMMMMY!
I love that in between shopping and eating there was a lot of Blogging!! LOL!

December 21, 2006 2:30 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home